Man Over-board - there's an App for that

maby

Visit site
Hmmm, I think I would far prefer, while floating in the water, to know that my crewmates are using a proper chartplotter to find their way back to me!

Spiritinthesky

Visit site
Well on iTunes it says:

Just press the MOB button to see:

• Direction to follow
• Distance to go
• Time elapsed
• Position of the MOB - latitude and longitude
• When you are closer than 100 metres the display changes from red to green
• When you are closer than 10 metres the display changes to show MOB

And its only $0.99

maby

Visit site
Well on iTunes it says:

Just press the MOB button to see:

• Direction to follow
• Distance to go
• Time elapsed
• Position of the MOB - latitude and longitude
• When you are closer than 100 metres the display changes from red to green
• When you are closer than 10 metres the display changes to show MOB

And its only $0.99

I can believe it - not hard in software terms... It's more a case of relying on someone with a fragile piece of electronic jewellery in an open cockpit to find me that makes me nervous! :)

Jabamusic

Visit site
Sorry to be pedantic but like all MOB markers -they show you where they went into the wet stuff, not where they are now. In my unfortunate (but thankfully well-ending experience) where the MOB was when eventually found was some 2nm down tide - The RNLI's very clever tidal prediction s/w narrowed him down to a relatively small area - Now an Iphone app with that on as well would be something I might mange to find a quid for!

Jaba

Ex-SolentBoy

Visit site
Sorry to be pedantic but like all MOB markers -they show you where they went into the wet stuff, not where they are now. In my unfortunate (but thankfully well-ending experience) where the MOB was when eventually found was some 2nm down tide - The RNLI's very clever tidal prediction s/w narrowed him down to a relatively small area - Now an Iphone app with that on as well would be something I might mange to find a quid for!

Jaba

Spot on. For a safety item like this it really needs to take into account current time and tidal flow. Just a bit more math and it would be worth a reasonable amoun of money.

Ideally, I would like it to show a position with no tide, and a tidal influenced position. I would then search from the first to the last.