Why

oakleyb

Visit site
Time to allow people back to boats in marinas, not to sail but to maintain etc. Personally not sure why this was locked down anyhow. Plenty of non essential shopping going on.

Old Harry

Visit site
Time to allow people back to boats in marinas, not to sail but to maintain etc. Personally not sure why this was locked down anyhow. Plenty of non essential shopping going on.
My nxt door neighbours go out "essential shopping " frequently, every day , so that 3 cars x ???

[165264]

Visit site
You are correct, of course. I've noted more "essential" traffic the last week or so. Confirmed by govt. stats in the recent daily briefings. TBH, why not sail? The ideal social distancing, I'd say, and a good reason to buy a boat.

oakleyb

Visit site
Trying to justify risk, as in requiring assistance. However I imagine most Rnli stations etc would love a 'shout' now! Also expect those that would sail now would present a lesser risk than an average early summer day

oakleyb

Visit site
It says they were fined for breaking the social distancing rules, which they clearly did, not for being in a boat. If it had just been the two from the same address it might have been different?
We had a local couple told to not canoe, however the elderly daily swimmers were fine

greeny

Visit site
I went to B and Q today for some essential bits. Almost everyone in the payment queue had plants or paint or grow bags or any number of other non essential items in their trolley. No sign of any items that could even be considered essential.
My trolley had a new toilet flush and fill system for my 87 year old mothers toilet which had broken yesterday and had to be turned off.
I had to wait 2 hours to get into the store to get it and then a 20 min queue to pay for it.
Whilst I was waiting in the queue to get in, the "health" workers were walking to the front and getting immediate access to the store ( and I mean dozens of them kept turning up and going in whilst I was waiting).
I saw several of them in the checkout queue later, and, you've guessed it, trolleys full of plants etc.
I can't help thinking that there's something wrong here.
And don't mind admitting I was a tadge pissed off.

xcw

Visit site
I went to B and Q today for some essential bits. Almost everyone in the payment queue had plants or paint or grow bags or any number of other non essential items in their trolley. No sign of any items that could even be considered essential.
My trolley had a new toilet flush and fill system for my 87 year old mothers toilet which had broken yesterday and had to be turned off.
I had to wait 2 hours to get into the store to get it and then a 20 min queue to pay for it.
Whilst I was waiting in the queue to get in, the "health" workers were walking to the front and getting immediate access to the store ( and I mean dozens of them kept turning up and going in whilst I was waiting).
I saw several of them in the checkout queue later, and, you've guessed it, trolleys full of plants etc.
I can't help thinking that there's something wrong here.
And don't mind admitting I was a tadge pissed off.
I agree with you, the system seems a little out of kilter. I'm not sure if you have one near you but I always buy these types of things from Screwfix or Toolstation, they have a very efficient click and collect system in place (and normally cheaper than B&Q).

dom

Visit site

That certainly sounds essential, but I’m amazed more people don’t use Amazon Prime or Ebay instead.

greeny

Visit site
I agree with you, the system seems a little out of kilter. I'm not sure if you have one near you but I always buy these types of things from Screwfix or Toolstation, they have a very efficient click and collect system in place (and normally cheaper than B&Q).
b and q a lot nearer. Screwfix didn't seem to have what i needed or at least i couldn't find it online. I do normally use them.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
b and q a lot nearer. Screwfix didn't seem to have what i needed or at least i couldn't find it online. I do normally use them.
I sympathise having replaced a flush valve on an old toilet a few months ago. Generic part from Screwfix not quite right for odd-shaped cistern.

johnalison

Visit site
Because every man and his dog wants to go sailing, golfing, angling, shopping and goodness knows what. We already have a significant proportion of antisocial types making up their own rules. The last example I saw was yesterday, a youth sitting on a bench at a busy corner. His form of exercise was to read a book while sitting in the sun. Multiply this by the population of the country and you have the second wave in the making.

capnsensible

Visit site
Because every man and his dog wants to go sailing, golfing, angling, shopping and goodness knows what. We already have a significant proportion of antisocial types making up their own rules. The last example I saw was yesterday, a youth sitting on a bench at a busy corner. His form of exercise was to read a book while sitting in the sun. Multiply this by the population of the country and you have the second wave in the making.
You guys have got that problem. Me me me. Shame.

The place I live is taking this nasty viral infection very seriously. The population has worked together to get infections way down. It seems to be working to the point where restrictions are being slowly relaxed. I went to my yacht yesterday as part of that. Good to start bringing her back to life. If things progress then maybe sailing next week or week after.

So for me, thats doing things properly and having Patience to deal with a crisis. Now thats a big difference to a lot of what I read on here.

However, thats up to you guys, as far as I see, if you want to rush things, you may well end up back where you started. Or worse. Your call.

FlyingGoose

Visit site
Sitting on a bench by himself , and reading a book , could be their form of exercise of the mind, he was not in 2 metres of anyone als ol pretty easy to avoid him . and if it was a busy corner why was it busy in lockdown , and how do you know he does not live in a bedsit ,no garden and by sitting for 20 mins in the Sunshine not only creates vitamin D essential in immune function but he might has a metal health issue or a mobility issue , we are so easy to Judge, were someone was clearly doing no harm , or maybe they were as they were younger than you .
Honestly people really need to understand the facts the figures and this virus , some of the stories and moaning is plague like
If you are scared of infection then do not go out , self isolate and wait for the vaccine, but let those that can and want to go out go out and act responsibly with social distancing
Yes the law allows people to sit on a park bench for a rest during exercise, next time lets get a stop watch on people and time them