Entering EU (and wider Schengen?) - new biometric requirements of fingerprints and eye scans

st599

Visit site
One of the issues that Eurostar complained of a couple of years ago was the lack of European Border police allowed in the UK by HMG, which is why the other Eurostar stations hadn't re-opened.

Not sure how, without letting many more in, they can hope to bring the queues down for the initial scanning process.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
One of the issues that Eurostar complained of a couple of years ago was the lack of European Border police allowed in the UK by HMG, which is why the other Eurostar stations hadn't re-opened.

Not sure how, without letting many more in, they can hope to bring the queues down for the initial scanning process.

The artcicle I linked to says -

"The double fingerprint check is necessary because biometric data collection must be supervised by a European border officer on first entry. After registration, people will be able to use e-gates for three years. France has agreed to double the police aux frontières booths [at St. Pancras] from nine to 18."

st599

Visit site
The artcicle I linked to says -

"The double fingerprint check is necessary because biometric data collection must be supervised by a European border officer on first entry. After registration, people will be able to use e-gates for three years. France has agreed to double the police aux frontières booths [at St. Pancras] from nine to 18."
It will depend on how long the process takes, I suppose. Eurostar trains are running about 2/3rds capacity as they can't get people through the current passport system fast enough. So even with a small delay added, they'll still be under capacity.