Sailboatlab.com

ylop

Visit site
What do you reckon on this sailing boat comparison site?

Seems a step up on sailboatdata.
From the Quick Look:

Aesthetically more modern that sailboatdata but rather importantly considerably less actual data. Moreover it then seemed to try and interpret the data and tell me whether a boat was good or bad - without knowing the intended use. It described a Bavaria 32 (6 berths, 2 cabins, 1 head) as best suited to use as a dayboat. Its criticism of tank capacity is probably not unreasonable for people considering extended passages but nowhere does it say that so any novice user is potentially going to be steered towards whatever arbitrary “ideal boat” they have defined.

fredrussell

Visit site
I prefer the Yachtsnet archive. You get a good succinct summary of boats strengths and weaknesses, along with decent pics, and it doesn’t attempt to rank boats for a certain purpose. Most importantly, it’s very flattering about my boat!

Daydream believer

Visit site
I prefer the Yachtsnet archive. You get a good succinct summary of boats strengths and weaknesses, along with decent pics, and it doesn’t attempt to rank boats for a certain purpose. Most importantly, it’s very flattering about my boat!
Yes. I saw that. ----Lightweight. Quick to pump up. 2 oars, nice seat, room for 2 & a bracket for an outboard. scored 7/10 🤣