First World problems

Refueler

Visit site
My Father was heavily into Percolated Coffee .. so much so that he had an Electric Percolator (which I use when we have guests) and a simple one that sat on the hob ...

Must admit as a kid - used to watch the coffee bubbling up and over in the glass top ..

Perc coffee so much better than any filter stuff ..

Geoff Wode

Visit site
Home: Moccamaster on weekdays, Pavoni at the weekend.
Camper: Bialetti.
Boat: Aeropress with reusable metal filter.
Walking: Espro French press vacuum flask.

Black.

I’m not sure any of those are the “Rocna” of anything but they have their place for me.

Also, what’s “tea”?

(In fairness, I’m partial to a herbal tea but that milky brown stuff is rarely a good drink imho. I understand I may have to return my British passport for making the above comment.)

Reactions: vas

Refueler

Visit site

Black.

I’m not sure any of those are the “Rocna” of anything but they have their place for me.

Also, what’s “tea”?

(In fairness, I’m partial to a herbal tea but that milky brown stuff is rarely a good drink imho. I understand I may have to return my British passport for making the above comment.)

If its Liptons Yellow Label - I agree with you !

wonkywinch

Visit site

Black.

Also, what’s “tea”?

The Aeropress is Rocna class, they even have a World Championship channel on You tube - https://www.youtube.com/@AeroPress

VicS

Visit site
Aldi £5.99 from Sunday 21 Jan https://www.aldi.co.uk/crofton-espresso-maker/p/730541767856001
Espresso-Maker-A.jpg

dancrane

Visit site
They (and Vic's) all look like the aluminium one I had for six months before the handle melted off when I forgot about it on the hob one night.

I've heard it may not be great for your brain in the long term, to consume something prepared by boiling in aluminium...especially if you make such regular use of it that you need so many pots!

My sister got me a stainless espresso pot for Christmas - identical in function, just not aluminium - and it's great. Nor is it remotely complicated to use or to clean. I've never worked out why anybody would choose a costly machine over this brilliantly authentic, effective original.

Geoff Wode

Visit site
Here’s a series of 4 vids on the Moka pot, its history, how it works and how to get the best from it:

Really nicely made, lots of info. If you’ve not come across James Hoffman, his channel is worth a look.

I don’t think the aluminium > Alzheimer’s thing is a thing. (See vid)

Wakatere

Visit site
We had a Senseo, but it became almost impossible to find the coffee bags in the UK, so we gave it to Madame's brother.

No mains on board, so we have this

View attachment 170852
One at home, one on the boat. This is an important sailing aid - when I can drink no more coffe and the lines are ready to slip the dregs go over the side to see how the current will take me.