Bought another boat.

Greg2

Visit site
Always good to get a boat back in the water, where it should be, and great that you got the engines running well.

We are gearing up for re-launch next week after a winter of work. With a bit of luck we will get the engines back in the same day. 😁

Bouba

Visit site
I haven’t inspected the boat for over a week....so it’s either filthy or rain washed....but there has been so much Sahara sand in the rain😟

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
I haven’t inspected the boat for over a week....so it’s either filthy or rain washed....but there has been so much Sahara sand in the rain😟
With the boat owner's usual luck, it's dirty. Really dirty.

So all it takes is a lot of elbow grease and some 1-2-3 miracle products at jeweller prices from your pusher 💸💸💸

benjenbav

Visit site
I’m very impressed with progress to date. I can imagine people (that is to say, me) buying the boat as it was and giving up very soon after realising just what I’d bought. But this is turning into a very nice vessel.

kashurst

Visit site
Back on board today. Not a lot to report as most of what I have done is not obvious:
Resealed leaking windscreen - sikaflex.
Epoxied and then fibreglassed my fold down transom door, next stage is a bit of filling then flowcoat. If the weather holds later this week.
New mooring ropes!!! it now doesn't look like the gypsies just arrived, just as long as you ignore the tatty trim stripes, green slime and half an inch of mud all over it.
Next step is a serious jet washing, it is incredibly dirty on the outside.
Off to the Dulux centre over the weekend to pick out the paints for the bulkhead and galley cupboard doors. Colour scheme is going to be pale grey for bulkhead and cupboard frames. The saloon bedroom and bathroom cupboard doors will be a pale grey wood effect. Lighter than the one MrG used. The galley will be a mediteranean blue. I will post some pictures when it's mostly done.

PS minor set back on my windscreen mullion covers. Took them back to the garage two weeks ago for filling and fettling. All good ready to paint. Unfortunately a little bird has got in the garage while I have been away and pooped all over them! Why there you little sod? Never mind it will clean off easy enough

Last edited: