Bought another boat.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Apologies for the drift Mr K

I bought one of these (you’d need 2 for twin engine)

https://amzn.eu/d/fzVYY6U

You can set the unit to either port or starboard incase you need 2. The sender wires that go to the analogue gauges go to the relevant inputs and that’s it!

Alarms are sensed to ground so again…alarm senders can be plumbed straight in.

I’m still playing with the rpm calibration but it’s just a case of altering the dip switches until it matches reality

You can’t plug it in and adjust stuff like other more expensive systems and I have no idea how you would calibrate a tank but I think some of that can be done in the plotter.

My engine is insulated returns and 24v but it seemed very happy still

My only other thought is if you have dual helm gauges…might need to change the senders to a single helm ones but they are pretty cheap.

Greg2

Visit site
Apologies for the drift Mr K

I bought one of these (you’d need 2 for twin engine)

Amazon.co.uk

You can set the unit to either port or starboard incase you need 2. The sender wires that go to the analogue gauges go to the relevant inputs and that’s it!

Alarms are sensed to ground so again…alarm senders can be plumbed straight in.

I’m still playing with the rpm calibration but it’s just a case of altering the dip switches until it matches reality

You can’t plug it in and adjust stuff like other more expensive systems and I have no idea how you would calibrate a tank but I think some of that can be done in the plotter.

My engine is insulated returns and 24v but it seemed very happy still

My only other thought is if you have dual helm gauges…might need to change the senders to a single helm ones but they are pretty cheap.

Very interesting - thanks.

Apologies for the thread drift.

kashurst

Visit site
Bit more progress, but this is the last post for a while as I have to do other stuff. Apologies Mr G.

More wrapping of doors: Bedroom and bathroom outer doors

hFdUcCU.jpg

Galley doors on for a trial fit and to dry out properly. Not totally happy with the finish, but you get the idea. I will probably spray them in the autumn/spring.

tusUcvY.jpg

Bedroom doors and wardrobes now wrapped too!

303bH8j.jpg

Still loads to do but making good progress now.

edit. We now have suitable curtains, bedding and towels but somehow a bloody cushion has turned up too! Plus the drinking water system now works and holds pressure. I found a leak. Some pillock had used a massively oversized jubilee clip on a flexible hose. So rather than clamping a reducing circle, it made a sort of oval - hence a leak.

Last edited:

kashurst

Visit site
It's been a while, but I havent sold it. Today ripped out the old steps from the galley to the saloon. You can see the original step design in post #164. A bit rubbish, odd design and very difficult to carpet or wrap. So decided it had to go. Took 3 hours to get it all apart. Fairline put in loads of screws. The size 32 adjuster came into play a few times.

Everything out exposing a big storage space which was impossible to access and I can now get to the hot and cold water pipes at the back of the bathroom to connect up a proper shower. I plan on putting my inverter batteries in the space below the steps.

N2nYUVi.jpg

All rebuilt. Full width steps and they all lift out for access.

NrUxbKy.jpg

The plan at the moment is the vertical surfaces will be covered with carpet and the steps and galley floor will be covered with EVA foam decking. I used EVA foam decking on a passarelle in the med and it was still good after three years in the sunshine so it should be OK inside in the cold damp UK. Probably going to use grey with a white stripe.

Last edited:

Bouba

Visit site
It's been a while, but I havent sold it. Today ripped out the old steps from the galley to the saloon. You can see the original step design in post #164. A bit rubbish, odd design and very difficult to carpet or wrap. So decided it had to go. Took 3 hours to get it all apart. Fairline put in loads of screws. The size 32 adjuster came into play a few times.

Everything out exposing a big storage space which was impossible to access and I can now get to the hot and cold water pipes at the back of the bathroom to connect up a proper shower. I plan on putting my inverter batteries in the space below the steps.

N2nYUVi.jpg

All rebuilt. Full width steps and they all lift out for access.

NrUxbKy.jpg

The plan at the moment is the vertical surfaces will be covered with carpet and the steps and galley floor will be covered with EVA foam decking. I used EVA foam decking on a passarelle in the med and it was still good after three years in the sunshine so it should be OK inside in the cold damp UK. Probably going to use grey with a white stripe.
On my boat those steps house the batteries....they even look like a battery box