Weymuf for a few nights

Seastoke

Visit site
Is there only one Marina , do they have visitors berths , can you prebook . Any help would be great.

Mr Googler

Visit site
There are no marinas….or visitors berth….all makes of boat can pre book against a wall except Sealine (many have sunk due to not being surrounded in cotton wool)

I feel I am doing a great service to the people of Weymouth in sharing this information with you

SimonD

Visit site
Actually, there's one marina and you have to go under the bridge to get to it. That's now lifting every two hours from 0800. Visitor berths available in the main harbour before the bridge; rafting may be required. Call HM on ch12 for a berth.

Seastoke

Visit site
There are no marinas….or visitors berth….all makes of boat can pre book against a wall except Sealine (many have sunk due to not being surrounded in cotton wool)

I feel I am doing a great service to the people of Weymouth in sharing this information with you
With my tan I dare not go to Portland.

BlueJasper

Visit site
Just spent a week there on the new pontoons in the harbour. (They have black rubber edging that will permanently mark white fenders). We had a lovely week, no rafting, but given the weather only sail boats were turning up. On our last night some prat (being polite) in a sail boat turned up with his grandson and 5 teenagers and started playing a guitar from 2.30 until 4.30am. God's knows what was spent on lessons but it was truly wasted. Lucky Jim is the boat if you have the misfortune of being near him.

Solent Sailor

Visit site
Point of information - there is also a bridge lift at 2100 now that its summer, not just every two hours.

Stay in the outer harbour (but book - it does get busy). We are in the inner harbour, but on the nice pontoons that Boatfolk don't own! Up at the top end, its pretty soulless and there's a lot of noise from the road on the visitor pontoon (we've stayed there in the past).

ashtead

Visit site
Be aware that getting into the bridge when it lifts is simples but leaving at 0800 is a bun fight to get through should you be planning an early departure. Weymuff has much to attract but only when compared with Portland or Torquay perhaps.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Am I missing something here or has the forum turned into a bunch of grumpy old geriatrics and keyboard warriors moaing about everything because they haven’t got a life of their own? Weymouth is always on our list with every trip west.

Weymouth provides the option of a town quay on the right as you enter or a traditional marina under the lifting bridge run by Boatfolk.

The town is sort of in 2 halves divided by the water. One side is old and historic, the other a traditional seaside beach place with a practical town just behind. The beach is vast, the council maintain facilities for visitors, lots of dining and provisioning options, The town quay has continued to invest in its facilities.

Its one of those great places where you tie up in the heart of the town rather than remote from it.

Solent Sailor

Visit site
Am I missing something here or has the forum turned into a bunch of grumpy old geriatrics and keyboard warriors moaing about everything because they haven’t got a life of their own? Weymouth is always on our list with every trip west.
Hear hear. We moved (start of last year) from the Solent (Hamble) to Weymouth having decided that it was the place we always wanted to try to get to, so why not start there instead? The drive is an hour longer for us, but that's an acceptable trade-off for being somewhere with a pleasant enough town, a lovely beach for the kids, great cruising waters (blue water, not sludge) and an attractive harbour with plenty of eating options. I've spent 20 years based in the Solent and can't ever envisage going permanently back (well, not east of Lymington anyway) despite it being practically on our doorstep.

Be aware that getting into the bridge when it lifts is simples but leaving at 0800 is a bun fight to get through should you be planning an early departure. Weymuff has much to attract but only when compared with Portland or Torquay perhaps.

The bridge crew will keep it open for as long as it takes to get boats in and out. You just need to join the back of the queue when convenient. I filled with fuel the other day and didn't step back on board until 1359 and still made the 1400 lift.

SC35

Visit site
Weymouth has a lot: good restaurants, plenty of seaweed (oops), Nothe Fort, the beach, and a couple of bird reserves.
We were moored behind two very large Mobos that must have stressful lives, as they mostly stayed on the boats and had water pistol battles 😂

SimonD

Visit site
Crossing Lyme Bay should be easy but care needed rounding Portland Bill. Go round close inshore at around high water Dover and keep an eye out for pot buoys. Check the almanac for details.