Steel boat build - Almarine 1200fa

Elessar

Visit site
You know that construction has been there so long that you probably no longer need planning permission to turn it into a dwelling
He’s actually at risk from the council bureaucrats.

Definition below.

———————-

A Grade 2 listed building is defined as a UK building or structure that is "of special interest, warranting every effort to preserve it".
Grade 2 is a classification that can be applied to a wide variety of buildings and other structures, in a range of ages, styles and locations.

Bouba

Visit site
He’s actually at risk from the council bureaucrats.

Definition below.

———————-

A Grade 2 listed building is defined as a UK building or structure that is "of special interest, warranting every effort to preserve it".
Grade 2 is a classification that can be applied to a wide variety of buildings and other structures, in a range of ages, styles and locations.
We’ve all found it to be ‘of special interest’

JOHNPEET

Visit site
Wow! What a day!
It feels like today has been about three days long!

The lift
Remember, this boat has never been lifted before and so it’s weight was unknown! I knew of a couple of other similar boats - an Almarine 1200AK, same hull, single engine, no generator, no fly bridge and not quite finished which weighed 14 tonnes and a Bruce Roberts twin engined very similar boat to mine which weighed 18 tonnes. So based on this I estimate my boat to be 16 to 18 tonnes. At this point the tanks are empty (apart from about 50 litres of diesel in each tank from engine testing) and there’s no batteries installed or other loose stuff. After discussion with the crane company, we go with 18 tonnes +2 as a safety net.

To achieve the lift of 20 tonnes at a reach of 24 metres and 8 metres high to clear the boat shed and adjacent overhead electric cables, we needed a 200 tonne crane , fully loaded with 75 tonnes of counterweight! The jib was about 40m!

The crane company were also tasked to lift off the roof trusses from the boat shed and also lift the lifting gantry out of the way.

The lifting operation was a full contract lift, fully insured with an operator/driver, supervisor, rigger and banks man. The whole lifting operation was extremely professional and went faultlessly. Having organised the boat move three times, two previous occasions being cancelled due to the weather conditions, I didn’t feel nervous about the day at all! My feelings were more about - we need to get this done now!

So crane arrives 8:00am, set up by 10:30 ready for lifting. Scottish Power on site and disconnects the overhead cables at 10:45. 11:00 lifting operations start. Trusses off, gantry out and boat got lifted at 12:00. Boat was set on the trailer, lashed and sets off for Conwy Marina at 1:30 - Yep, definitely Conwy Marina!

We grab some lunch and set off for Conwy.

We watched the boat being offloaded onto the hard standing and blocked off and then refit the fly bridge windscreen (removed for transport as we were a bit close to the max height), seat covers and raise the radar arch. We also loaded the 300kg of batteries on board as there were three of us to share the burden.

Then off home to relax!

I’ve got some video footage of the actual lift, but not sure how to post video onto here!

A few photos of the day!

C0AC9FE4-D460-49E4-8043-771390B97C6E.jpeg3B50B4CE-0754-4099-8725-338A28A4BAA1.jpeg8C0F6D83-0393-46F7-8D95-7A9D99A8CEB5.jpeg5A81C096-D50B-493C-BE3F-9D6469956511.jpegCDF15FF5-AD76-4E34-BED4-DE9BBDCF5229.jpeg53737128-5BAF-4F86-AD7E-213493C002DE.jpegA5901884-A719-4AB6-AF95-FF50D19655CB.jpegA1C1FADB-5F8E-43E6-8ADC-D6BBD29B76FF.jpeg533A10DA-3157-4AFB-A3B9-875AF8E7D636.jpeg

Bouba

Visit site
What a day! You must be exhausted, mentally and physically....well done.
Doesn’t the crane have a weighing device to tell you her exact weight ?

Seastoke

Visit site
John the photo with the boat on the lorry is not Conwy, where is it ? Also that sunseeker next to your boat beats Google’s.

JOHNPEET

Visit site
John the photo with the boat on the lorry is not Conwy, where is it ? Also that sunseeker next to your boat beats Google’s.

My property backs on to the Morgan Evans Auction Centre yard, which is where the crane was set up and South West Boat Transport were able to park up. I have to say that I‘ve had fantastic support from the Morgan Evans staff and Directors throughout.

I can’t comment on the Sunseeker as I haven’t inspected it yet! ?

Bouba

Visit site
My property backs on to the Morgan Evans Auction Centre yard, which is where the crane was set up and South West Boat Transport were able to park up. I have to say that I‘ve had fantastic support from the Morgan Evans staff and Directors throughout.

I can’t comment on the Sunseeker as I haven’t inspected it yet! ?
Well don’t dock Annie next to the Sunseeker...us plastic boat owners hate it when a steel boat parks next to us...our anodes fizz away and the slightest bump and our gel coat crumbles...