Steel boat build - Almarine 1200fa

Bouba

Visit site
And the fuel storage integrity
It’s a boat...so something will always go wrong...but I suspect that JOHNPEET’s boat will have a lot of integrity...and if there ever was a problem, I expect he could diagnose and fix it easily....mind you with his OCD the repair could take years but it will be perfect ???

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Don’t worry about it...in fact this will be your motorboating life from now on....you plan...you pack...you invite others...and the whole time you follow five different weather forecasts....and watch as that perfect weather window gets closer and closer and shrinks and shrinks...until come the day and the wind is howling...or you cancel completely and make alternate plans...then miraculously...it reverts to the original forecast....and it’s the best boating day ever.
With motorboating only three things matter...the wind, the wind and the wind
Ah!
Sounds like the Med.

AndieMac

Visit site
im not sure what i have just witnessed from start to finish.... mind blown! That is some serious amount of work, man hours and money! what a job though! i have no words!
I thought the same after I read the thread from start to where it is now. I had a feeling it was going to be a good read, but it must be one of the best on the forum so far. Amazing skill and patience to get it to this stage, well done JP

Falcoron

Visit site
In the words of some twat on tv- AMAZBALLS!
I am absolutely flabbergasted at you skills and finish levels. Cant wait for the next load of instalments, better than breaking bad LOL!

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Don’t worry about it...in fact this will be your motorboating life from now on....you plan...you pack...you invite others...and the whole time you follow five different weather forecasts....and watch as that perfect weather window gets closer and closer and shrinks and shrinks...until come the day and the wind is howling...or you cancel completely and make alternate plans...then miraculously...it reverts to the original forecast....and it’s the best boating day ever.
With motorboating only three things matter...the wind, the wind and the wind
Any one fancy hanging out at Cap Bear overnight?
the night was tropical over a southern third of France (T°C >20°C) with a “heat burst” phenomenon (hot gust) at 2 a.m. in Cap Béar (Pyrénées-Orientales): a gust at 154 km/h, linked to a #thunderstorm on the Pyrenees, made the thermometer jump to 36.5°C
An extremely rare phenomenon affected the Pyrénées-Orientales last night: Cap Béar broke its heat record for the month of June at 2:26 a.m.! | Historical Church

Bouba

Visit site

Alicatt

Visit site
We have been warned that a heat wave is coming up from the Iberian Peninsula over the next couple of days, there is a cold wind just now but the sun is fierce, temps today in the shade 23c with mid to high 30s forecast Friday to Sunday and back to low 20s and rain ... just in time for the middle son's wedding!

Bouba

Visit site
and can I just say that your boats name is a very clever pun?.....most people with a wife called Mosity would never have thought of that???

JOHNPEET

Visit site
Why are you moving it closer to the water or do you mean ie Conwy hard and when is the launch date.
Yes, moving it to hard standing at Conwy tomorrow. Unfortunately, their travel hoist goes out of service for two weeks from Monday, so launch won’t be until at least after the 15th. I’m also awaiting delivery of a through hull transducer (ordered in Feb) which I’ve been promised will be with me by 21st, so fingers crossed for that! In which case, launch will be straight after the transducer is fitted ?

JOHNPEET

Visit site
Do you have another crane to remove the scaffolding ?

Just the one crane - first job is to lift off the roof trusses from whats now left of the shed. Second job, lift out the lifting gantry. Third job - carefully lift Annie out and on to the awaiting trailer ??

The disassembly of the remaining part of the scaffold frame will be a manual operation assisted by gravity, but with no boat to damage! ?

Bouba

Visit site
Just the one crane - first job is to lift off the roof trusses from whats now left of the shed. Second job, lift out the lifting gantry. Third job - carefully lift Annie out and on to the awaiting trailer ??

The disassembly of the remaining part of the scaffold frame will be a manual operation assisted by gravity, but with no boat to damage! ?
You know that construction has been there so long that you probably no longer need planning permission to turn it into a dwelling