Steel boat build - Almarine 1200fa

JOHNPEET

Visit site
Well that’s it! The boat move that had been set up for Thursday this week has had to be cancelled due to the strong winds being forecast!
Very disappointing, but after all this time - better to wait a couple of weeks and get the boat moved without any damage. Now rearranged for the middle of June, which is the best next date for everyone involved .

itspaul

Visit site
Well that’s it! The boat move that had been set up for Thursday this week has had to be cancelled due to the strong winds being forecast!
Very disappointing, but after all this time - better to wait a couple of weeks and get the boat moved without any damage. Now rearranged for the middle of June, which is the best next date for everyone involved .
Getting excited now must be getting close to the lift date ??

PaulyV

Visit site
Just a thank you for the work involved in posting all of this. You've proved to be a real inspiration for the tasks I have to undertake to make my old boat a pleasant place to be. I'll be applying as much attention to detail as I can, keeping what you'd do in mind. Your efforts are appreciated.

JOHNPEET

Visit site
Getting excited now must be getting close to the lift date ??

Well, I was getting excited, right up until lunchtime today! I have to make a decision three days in advance of the lift day, as to whether the lift operation goes ahead or not. Based on the weather forecast information available from the Met Office, BBC website and the Windy Application, I’ve had to cancel the lift which had been set up for Friday of this week. The forecast is 20 mph gusting to 34 mph.
I’m absolutely gutted to say the least!
If I let the operation go ahead, then the wind prevents the lift on the day (bearing in mind the crane literally shuts itself down at 22 mph), then I would still have to pay for the crane and transport. I just can’t risk that happening! …….and the boat would still be in the garden!

New date to be sorted - looking at the beginning of July now!

Bouba

Visit site
Well, I was getting excited, right up until lunchtime today! I have to make a decision three days in advance of the lift day, as to whether the lift operation goes ahead or not. Based on the weather forecast information available from the Met Office, BBC website and the Windy Application, I’ve had to cancel the lift which had been set up for Friday of this week. The forecast is 20 mph gusting to 34 mph.
I’m absolutely gutted to say the least!
If I let the operation go ahead, then the wind prevents the lift on the day (bearing in mind the crane literally shuts itself down at 22 mph), then I would still have to pay for the crane and transport. I just can’t risk that happening! …….and the boat would still be in the garden!

New date to be sorted - looking at the beginning of July now!
Don’t worry about it...in fact this will be your motorboating life from now on....you plan...you pack...you invite others...and the whole time you follow five different weather forecasts....and watch as that perfect weather window gets closer and closer and shrinks and shrinks...until come the day and the wind is howling...or you cancel completely and make alternate plans...then miraculously...it reverts to the original forecast....and it’s the best boating day ever.
With motorboating only three things matter...the wind, the wind and the wind

Mr Googler

Visit site
Don’t worry about it...in fact this will be your motorboating life from now on....you plan...you pack...you invite others...and the whole time you follow five different weather forecasts....and watch as that perfect weather window gets closer and closer and shrinks and shrinks...until come the day and the wind is howling...or you cancel completely and make alternate plans...then miraculously...it reverts to the original forecast....and it’s the best boating day ever.
With motorboating only three things matter...the wind, the wind and the wind
And the fuel storage integrity