Request to Forum Admin to remove marklow video thread

DougH

Visit site
Paul,

You will recall that I was going to SIBS with my family to make the final choice between the Horizon 20M. the Aqua Star 65 and the Princess 67.

I have in my personal account enough cash to buy anyone of these boats with all extras that I wish.

We attempted (because of your love of the boat) to look at the Marlow but was refused entry to the boat because I was not prepared to give the girl proof of my finances. We walked away laughing.

As we were leaving the show we passed the Sun Seeker stand which was absolutely heaving with people queing to see the boats but certainly looking as if they could never afford to fill the boats with fuel let alone buy one. Then my daughter-in- law said to my son that she would like a brochure just to look at. My son cringed at the sight of the crowds but approached the desk and the girl gave him the catalogue and asked the simple question ' are you thinking of buying a boat sir?'

Obvious answer was yes and up come a salesman. 'Would you like to see over the boats ' . We declined because of the long lines of waiting people but was told we would go to the front of the line because we are potential buyers.

Bear in mind that up to now I have ignored Sun Seeker beacause I did not like them. Don't know why.

We looked at the Sun Seeker 62 and 70, and we are now going to Poole next week for sea trails on both as we ALL fell in love with both boats and we are 99% that we will be placing an order within 14 days and paying cash.

Message to Explorer, not all wealthy people dress to look wealthy, your boat was not considered due to your attitude.

Paul they are very foolish people at Explorer.

Doug

benjenbav

Visit site
At SIBS 2006 I went to the Sunseeker stand to have a look around with no serious intent and said as much to them. Their attitude was, you may want to buy one in the future and someone then spent half an hour showing me the Superhawk 43 and Portofino 53. Certainly that made a good impression.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
I am so sorry Doug.

I cannot speak on behalf of Marlow or Explorer Yachts – nor have I ever spoken on their behalf (or issued videos for that matter) but I really do believe that the point has been reached were a public apology by Explorer Yachts is required.

I also believe that Marlow would never dream of seeking proof of finance before you got on a boat or made an appointment. That is insulting to anyone and I know from the horses mouth that the owners of Marlow never seek that.

This is not the James Law at Explorer Yachts that I thought I knew – how wrong can I be!

To some extent I think I have to apologise to you all – and I do, for backing the new dealer to the hilt. I would never dream of ever sending along to a boat where the greeting was so poor followed often by a show around that left the customer feeling as many have felt.

As some forumites can tell you, I am not a snazzy dresser myself – M&S is about it and I detest the snobbish attitude that judge people that way.

I only hope Explorer Yachts are reading all this and feeling terrible because even though I am no more than a past customer, I feel terrible at how this fantastic new boat was presented at the show and terrible about my backing of them as a dealer.

Once again, I am sorry. If possible please do not blame the boat. it is really a superb boat and the Marlow people are not like those at SIBS.

MapisM

Visit site
Now that\'s an interesting story indeed!

I told in another SIBS - related thread that nowadays boats (particularly those from bigger builders) are treated and sold according to the marketing principles valid for impulse goods, even if their price is in an order of magnitude quite different from say the latest ipod, mobile phones, etc.
The description of your purchasing decision process explains perfectly why.

KevB

Visit site
I have a very close friend who is one of those people who is able to make a mountain out of a mole hill, he could also find fault in the De Beers Millennium Star.
There is no way I would ever want him to be a customer of mine - for anything, not even for the most basic of item.
I cringe when he tells me what his latest complaint is or what he has got in compensation for complaining about something. It's almost like a game to him, to see how hard done by he can be. I think he likes being angry about something, anything.

I wonder how many people there are like him?

Benny1

Visit site
20m,

I have to agree with you regarding Sunseeker and their approach.

We have been shown around (at some length) several sunseekers at 3 boat shows over the past 5 years by Sunseeker London.

On each occasion we have not been looking to trade up there and then, and they knew this. Indeed we have now had our T40 for 5 years, since new. However, we will be changing at some point (and it may not be too far off now) and possibly to a bigger flybridge.

When we do take the plunge, Sunseeker will certainly be very high up our list, largely because of the excellent treatment we have had thus far from Sunseeker London at boatshows.

Be interesting to hear how you get on with your sea trials - and to hear what the 70 was like? Last time we looked we were impressed my the Man 60. It did have a few faults, but pretty much every boat seems to have something which is not perfect.

Also, if you can, which dealer are you speaking to?

Good luck in any event and happy boating...

fireball

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As some forumites can tell you, I am not a snazzy dresser myself – M&S is about it and I detest the snobbish attitude that judge people that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I saw you at Emsworth earlier this year I was half inclined to bung you 50p for a cuppa! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Doug
I am puzzled about one thing - why are you targeting both planing boats and SD boats?
The Sunseekers are planing boats as is the Princess the rest are SD boats.

Just curious. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Are you trying to imply something Kev?
If so please state it clearly so that you can give a clear opinion and then support it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no. Just sharing an insight into the world of the unpleasable. He is the kind of guy who if you went out of your way to help he'd thank you then tell you how he would have done it differently. Very nice guy though.

KevB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So its a bit off topic then? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sort of /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Benny1

Visit site
Very sensible.

The other thing abotu Sunseeker is that they do seem to have a lot of very brand-loyal punters, which is a promising sign.

I know they are often critisised here as being a bit "bling", but I like them. Not all of us want to cross oceans after all!