Request to Forum Admin to remove marklow video thread

KevB

Visit site
Re: Details.

I'm hoping and I guess so are many others that marlow don't do something which you disagree with and they become the spawn of the devil. Personally I'd be embarrassed to champion trader penarth so much as in how brilliant they were compared to tarquin at emsworth then almost in the next breath be so upset with them because they asked for a video to be removed????? that you take your order away from them. Toys out of pram springs to mind.

Nautorius

Visit site

Fair point Kev,

But to Judge a company to be better than Trader Emsworth is not hard. The service Gludy got off them seemed worse than appaling, though others have stated different. All new businesses need a period to 'bed in'. I am afraid the show came too quick for Explorer Yachts and that they were not prepared for the deluge of Interest. Service is easy to put right if the product is good.

I am sure they will turn it around, unfortunately that leaves Gludy out in the cold (or Hot as he will be in Florida)

I understand Gludy's predicament as he feels personally embarrassed having showed them the dealership opportunity then highlighted it to several people. If he had just ordered one and kept quiet about it I am sure he would still feel the same though.

Cheers

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

Kev
I have not cancelled my order because they asked me to simply withdraw the video - if you read this thread you will see the detailed background to it that has already been explained.

Yes - I am embarrased to have championed them and on this same thread have aplogised to those people, I directed to the Marlow stand and that have been offended at SIBS.

If you read this thread you will see example after example of how potential customers have been offended. Did they throw their toy out the pram when the crossed the pontoon and ordered another boat?

In summaray I chose to cancel my order because there is no way after their behaviour at SIBS and towards me that we could continue specing the boat in an enjoyable manner. I want to enjoy spending my money and that option had frankly been removed.

Its so easy to make remarks like you have done and ignore the fact that all those different people on here have also been offended and chosen not to deal with them. Some (more than one) have ordered other boats and others have vowed to buy from overseas.

So why accuse me, who has done more to hekp that dealer, than anyone. of throwing a toy out of a pram? Or do I not have the right to escape from a situation when I cam able to and join the others who never even got as far as myself before choosing not to deal with the dealer?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

[ QUOTE ]
understand Gludy's predicament as he feels personally embarrassed having showed them the dealership opportunity then highlighted it to several people. If he had just ordered one and kept quiet about it I am sure he would still feel the same though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on.
Its seems that I have made a mistake in doing just that and I have apologised for it.
Yes I would still feel the same - very angry. I still hope that they can see the issues and turn it around - that is possible if they act quickly.

if they do not then the boat is so good that they will still do very well but the marlow image will suffer and frankly I do not see that being tolerated.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
I am afraid the show came too quick for Explorer Yachts and that they were not prepared for the deluge of Interest.

[/ QUOTE ] Jez also had a quick flash to bang to get ready for the show, but other than insisting on seeing the label in my underpants, the viewing experience was good.

Okay, the wedgie was a bit much.....but I think he was just being friendly.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

IMHO it was not that the show was too quick it was more of going over the top trying to please Marlow and in so doing not understanding how to deal with the customers.

I do not think for one second that Explorer Yachts tried or wanted to insult anyone.
They however did manage that on a failrly grand scale and not because of what they were trying to do but because of how they did it.

Marlow are rightly strict about their dealers - it was that willigness to please that somehow went wrong and the customer was lost in the process. That is why I think that the best solution would be for Explorer Yachts to stay with the agency but change how they do things. Then everyone can be happy.

I am sure if they really understood the mistake and put it right then things can be repaired. At least i hope they can.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

Yes, I think you are probably correct and the first change they could make would be to brief their staff better on how to be fashionably haughty without appearing arrogantly unapproachable, which I suspect was the the intention.

KevB

Visit site

Paul,

I can only dream of being able to spec a boat such as you are so maybe in your position I would act as you have.
I guess I can see that you want to have a pleasant relationship with the dealer and because of recent events you feel strongly that this can no longer happen and have moved your order elsewhere.
It just seems to me an over reaction to what I assume was a polite request? They obviously have their reasons and did not ask just out of spite.

As for others jumping on your band wagon of disagreeing with how the dealer dealt with potential customers - don't we just love the gang mentality and like to be in agreement with our peers?

Come on be honest... you moved your order just so you can have a few jollies across the pond /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

"It just seems to me an over reaction to what I assume was a polite request? "

Nope - it was an instruction that SWMBO took over the phone and left SWMBO shaking.

You really need to read my post earlier in this thread that explains why I cancelled my order with some detail. It was not about the video - there were a number of issues leading to the conclusion that I was not going to enjoy carrying on.

"As for others jumping on your band wagon of disagreeing with how the dealer dealt with potential customers - don't we just love the gang mentality and like to be in agreement with our peers?"

Sorry - do not agree. These people went and ordered other boats, posted on this thread, emailed or PM.s me. They did the actions before the thread even started. Ask them about there experiences or read them on this long thread. There was no wagon to jump on when they chose to go elsewhere.

Having the Marlow agent so near to my home was a dream come true so nope - my actions will cost me more - its just that I want to enjoy blowing £1.5m and I am not willing to sit under a cloud doing it.

KevB

Visit site

I truly hope it all goes well for you this time. I'm just giving you my impression of 'the story so far'.
As for others not buying a marlow and buying something else just because of their impression of a dealer at the show is poppy cock. Anyone spending that kind of money would do the same as you have done, gone to the manufacturer. After all it's the boat you are buying not one particular dealer.

To put things into my perspective, If I liked a Targa 40 and had gone to fairlines and decided it was the boat for me then got shite service from one dealer, I'd go to another dealer not change my mind and buy a Princess instead.

To think someone would be put off buying a £1.5 million boat due to how a viewing went at a public national boatshow is ludicrous. So these people have gone for second best because they didn't like the setup on the day? Very unlikely. Almost laughable...

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
As for others jumping on your band wagon of disagreeing with how the dealer dealt with potential customers - don't we just love the gang mentality and like to be in agreement with our peers?

[/ QUOTE ] A bit unfair as many recounted what actually happened to them. I was one of the first to post an opinion of the 'selection' process and having been there, seen it and photographed it with my own eyes, the reception for those who did not fulfil the visual criteria was to be firmly rebuffed. And they were rebuffed with no grace.

As I said before, there is a skill to being being fashionably haughty without causing offence.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

Kev
I can promise you that I know peiople who were so offended that they went and ordered another boat that they had previouslyy turned away from in favour of the Marlow.

There are other forumiyes on here who also know those people.

These people had done their homework but could not tolerate the dealer.

Others, and there is an example on this thread, have basically gone for an impluse buy.

You may choose to live in a world were you think that those who have come and contributred to this thread are lying but they are not and nor am I.

The funny part is that I know that Marlow also know that is true.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

I met MajorCatastrophe at the boat - he was on the pontoon, I was on the boat.

I did not say a word to him about the reception - he posted his reactions on here as all the others did without a word from me.

Spending a £1m or so is a bgig decision for most who can afford it and those people want to enjoy it all - hence liking the dealer and feeling comfortable is parmaount to them. Without that they go elsewhere and this forum is littered with examples of just that year in year out.

Yes some of those people will try to buy from overseas but I know of two who have ordfered their alternative boat.

Look at Magnum - whilst not evern considering a Marlow and having spent months doing his homework ended up being swayed into a Pershing 72.

20 M wnet from rejection at the Marlow to order a Sunseeker but he is not even counted in my two who ordered elsehwere.

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
You may choose to live in a world were you think that those who have come and contributred to this thread are lying but they are not and nor am I.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I live in a world where I want the best boat for my money. If 'they' had decided that was the marlow 'they' have obviously decided second best is good enough if they have gone elsewhere?

Up until recently there wasn't a uk marlow dealer so going to the states would have been the only option when 'they' started looking for their £1.5 million boat. If 'they' were prepared to do it then what's changed? Or do you decide to spend that kind of money on a whim at a public boat show?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

Kev
You are applying some sort of logic but still flying in the face of the facts.

I know many people who can afford a Marlow.

Some would never buy without a local UK dealer support. That fact stretches throughout many makes of boat.

Some will want a Marlow regardless and hence choose to get it another way - thats me for example but if Marlow USA refused to sell me a boat bought in the USA, delivered to the USA and used in the USA then I would not buy a Marlow.

Some will have decided the Marlow was the best but as there was no way they would deal with the local dealer, they went to their second choice because they had no interest in the hassle of buying overseas.

Some will go to the show to decide on which boat of a set of boats, not even get on the Marlow and having had insulting treatment no go any further and reduce their choice to the remaining boats - that happened at the show.

So there is a whole range of people and many way that they react but the common denominator is that they all reject the dealer.

There are those of course who would accept the humiliation and be prepared to put up with the behaviour dished out of 18 months just to buy through the dealer who has insulted them ….. I just have yet to meet one of these who is happy to spend his £1m that way.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevB

Visit site

As I said it's all out of my league so I'm guessing different rules must apply. Having that kind of money to spend on a boat obviously plays havoc with the old grey matter.

In a way I'm glad you've had to revert to plan 'A' because now we get all the in-build pictures you will take now you're forced to buy trans atlantic. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
In a way I'm glad you've had to revert to plan 'A' because now we get all the in-build pictures you will take now you're forced to buy trans atlantic.

[/ QUOTE ]

No such luck. I expect he is already planning a documentary series for the Discovery channel.

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
No such luck. I expect he is already planning a documentary series for the Discovery channel.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif don't give him ideas!!

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

Now that would be something would it not - a documentary on the Discovery Channel of my Marlow circumnavigating the UK?
Very difficult to do without including the boat in the video shots of course!!!

You are actually not far wide of the mark in your joke as it happens!
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

You are actually not far wide of the mark in your joke as it happens!

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul, you may not believe this, but suspected I was not far from the truth.