Request to Forum Admin to remove marklow video thread

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Re: Details.

Kev
The boat is built in the Marlow yard in China no matter where I buy it from.

They have a hotel there just for clients to stay in on site and so yes I would hope to post pictures in build unless of course that lands me straight back in hot water!

nyx2k

Visit site

as i was recounting a second hand story from my brother i asked for his friends phone number just in case i had told untruth to my fellow readers.

i met his friend around 6 months ago at a works drinks thinghy and was told by him he wanted a boat to be used a month at a time for a few yrs then into early retirement (45 lucky sod) he was planning on long passages. when we spoke he was nearly going to buy a trader, i recounted the story of gludys troubles and he logged on there and then and did a lot of reading. he was very off put by gludys tales. we met again about 3 weeks ago and i told him there was to be a new marlow dealer in wales and a respected forumite was buying from them so it would be a good bet. he contacted marlow direct in america who said they would make sure he got an invite to view the marlow at sibs.
he loves the boats and is going to america in october with his partner to look at one being sold by his great uncle that is only a yr old. he was ready to place an order at the show but is now not going to and is also worried that if he buys this used marlow what sort of service will he get from the only dealer in the uk.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

[ QUOTE ]
Paul, you may not believe this, but suspected I was not far from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes ... I shall be wearing my Matalan underpants on the outisde in every shot - just for the hell of it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MedDreamer

Visit site

Problem is Paul that the culture in a company eminates from the top so presumably he/she/they think that that's how it should be done. They are not new to the game just to the marque so they should more that a bit of and understanding of marketing/customer service.

If not then I don't think you can teach them it now. No-one with any understanding of the importance of customers would have done what they did.

"WARNING - KEEP OUT" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
unless of course that lands me straight back in hot water!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Paul, I'm disappointed with you. I'd have thought this would have been discussed before handing over your deposit? A prerequisite...

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

I do know that the Marlow at the show was bought before this dealer was on the scene and was purchased direct from the USA delivered to Southampton last September and talked about on this forum.

David Marlow spent time getting it ready and he cleaned out the bilges himself - something I greatly respect him for. He is a deservingly proud man.

That boat was serviced from the USA no problem.0 they even added things not requested by the owner that were new improvements. Small things were done locally and they paid the bills. I know this because I flew to Scotland to see the boat and by the way was welcomed to take images/video etc.

I am totally convinced that Marlow will not let a Marlow owner down so I would not worry about the servicing. I will not be as I still intend to go the Marlow route. They are exceptional people.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

I do not disagree MedDreamer - just live in some remote hope.

Its all very sad - it really was out of my imagaination range that so much damage could be done in one single SIBS launch,

I think even the mags are treading very carefully.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paul, you may not believe this, but suspected I was not far from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes ... I shall be wearing my Matalan underpants on the outisde in every shot - just for the hell of it

[/ QUOTE ]

Your trademark beige jacket will be good enough. Trust me.

DougH

Visit site

KevB,

The reason I did not consider a Marlow was that I was not given the choice!

I have lived in suits for the last 40 years and I have no intention of dressing to please a boat distributor now that I am retired.

There was no plans whatsoever to consider a Sunseeker they just made us feel welcome from the start.

This will not be my last boat as we intend to change it for a 95 ft vessel with a full time skipper in approx 3-4years time.

If we get the service from Sunseeker that appears to be the norm guess where we will look first.

WHEN I GO FOR THE SEA TRIAL NEXT WEEK I WILL DRESS AS I B****Y WELL LIKE, AND I'LL HAZARD A GUESS SUNSEEKER WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY MY APPEARANCE.

Bilgediver

Visit site
I was impressed with Sunseekers attitude many moons ago.

My brother in law his wife and myself were invited on board one of around 60 odd feet and we explained we were more at home on a Westerly Centaur and Birchwood 26. The attitude was that circumstances can change and we should be courted.

I returned to the after deck after at least 30 minutes of exploring from bilges to bridge deck to find broher and sister in law in full discussion and surrounded by empty champagne bottles. The salesman wouldn t allow me to leave the vessel without a full debrief...Having just spent time sailing on LAke LAnier with a well known contributor of these forums I made certain observations about sanitory matters. I was assured my demands would be met when my spec was discussed in the future and left having enjoyed the experience.

YEs they were not busy but there was nothing hurried in the way we were dealt with and I would always have time for them unlike some companies who measure bank balances by a count of brass buttons and gold braid.

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
but is now not going to and is also worried that if he buys this used marlow what sort of service will he get from the only dealer in the uk.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably a better service than he would a couple of months ago when marlow had no presence in the UK what so ever. He could of course just pretend they don't exist and deal straight with the US as he is now and as Gludy is doing? No worse off.

nyx2k

Visit site
Re:gludy

my brothers friend works for a foreign bank in London and has done very well for himself and for the last ten yrs has save all his bonus cheques and live frugally and can now soon afford to retire.
early on he discounted a Sunseeker as many of his flash friends have one and he saw them as a bit tacky. after hearing a few people say they are not all bling i suspect it may be worth his while looking at the sunseeker factory. as he works very long hours he has asked me to generally browse the market and see what can be had new or very nearly new for 1.5-2.0 million pounds. he wants a boat that will carry on no matter what the weather is doing and speed isn't a real problem but like you he wouldn't mind the facility to go a bit faster if he wanted to.
he has done a little research for himself and loves the quality feel of the marlow. he wants a boat of 70-80 ft and to be completely independant for a few weeks at a time.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Your jacket

You wore it on the Ferret programme and when I saw you on the Marlow you had your back to me, but I still knew it was you and I called out even before you had turned around. So you must be at one with it!

LWR

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Its all very sad - it really was out of my imagaination range that so much damage could be done in one single SIBS launch,

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul - why are so worried about something that doesn't affect you and is out of your control.

Worry about the things you need to - you are a luckier man in reality than most can ever dream of.

Please - just relax.

Nick_Pam

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Problem is Paul that the culture in a company eminates from the top so presumably he/she/they think that that's how it should be done. They are not new to the game just to the marque so they should more that a bit of and understanding of marketing/customer service.

If not then I don't think you can teach them it now. No-one with any understanding of the importance of customers would have done what they did.

"WARNING - KEEP OUT" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have already mentioned to Paul in a previous post, I walked away from a boat in Mallorca a few years ago because I couldn't build a trusting relationship with the broker, but did buy the same brand in the UK from a broker I felt I could trust.
We're currently in the market for a circa 40ft sports cruiser and were discounting the Sunseeker brand in favour of a Princess due to a perception of the brand, until a chance phone conversation with one of Sunseeker's sales folks...we now have an invite to the factory and the opportunity to view some brokerage boats to gauge their durability, even though we have been VERY clear that until "Freya" is sold, we cannot move on the purchase.

The comment that swung it???
"We understand that you may not be a prospect for us today, but we want to be considered tomorrow, when you are in a position to buy"

That's kind of the approach that I would certainly take with prospective customers, and one that Explorer Yachts need to learn.....FAST!

Enjoy blowing the wad Paul!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif