The boats new name is

• Ellony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolika

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shmoo

Visit site
<smug>Took June off this year instead of July, which is what we have done in past</smug>

Downside is new mutt, who only seems to be able to keep its legs crossed for about 9hr before getting ratty. Still, had really nice first 3 weeks in June: anchored off Swanage for a couple of days; went up to Beaulieu (mutt loved that - all those trees); few days off Whitecliffe Bay IOW. Flew home in brisk SWlys

shmoo

Visit site
Oops, forgot the mileage. This year 610NM. Last year had only had the first attempt at "summer" cruise by this time so would have been about 250NM. Had another go later in July which would have added another 350NM

Sixpence

Visit site
Snoozy, may I ask, where on the East coast are you based ?
Don't need to be specific, but it's a long coastline, and some may be able to help in getting you afloat if you're nearby

SirSnoozalot

Visit site
Maldon.

And thanks, appreciate the suggestion very much.

I do get out a bit on friends boats though. Problem is time. Can't get to go too far.

Just waiting for the house to sell, so I can buy my dream boat. Should catch up on the sea miles then, as I will be semi-retiring at the same time.

Anyway, I might be too lippy for some /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - and comments like these are not helping /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Just need to settle down and realise that this aint the lounge, and you'll be fine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif give it a go, you couldn't hope to meet a nicer bunch of people

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
0-50????????

Is this so I can be the harbourmaster..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dombuckley

Visit site
I have a simple formula to work out my mileage:

P1011086a.jpg
+
woodbridge005-1.jpg
= 0

Looks like I chose a good couple of summers to be in a shed....

tillergirl

Visit site
Bit of a guess and significantly boosted from the repeat West Mersea to Bradwell (for the Green Man - as they used to say in railway timetables) trips. The something, something log doesn't work again! Yes I know there's a trip on the GPS but that would mean pressing a button! But it's all been day sailing! I find since I 'retired' and moved right next to the water, I do more sailing - on the boat 4/5 days a week but we tend not to go anywhere much. Judy doesn't appreciate my anorak bits of sailing.

michael_w

Visit site
No sea time at all! Boo! Hoo!

Major refit of, new to me boat, spotty botty, some structural reinforcement etc. Fitted recon engine which turned out to have minimal compression.

Depression and cabin fever follow.

Throw money at the problem and a shiny new Westerbeke should arrive next week and the POS Volvo on its way back to the supplier.

Fingers crossed we'll get out for August.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
I was amazed when I looked at Neil's blog and then my log to find I had been further in Flipper this season than he has in Morgana! If I add on the trip in a friends boat too I am doing quite well! But it isn't all about miles to me. My trip in May was not up to expectation (or is it my dreams!) but it was still good and we (Flipper & I) covered a fair few miles coupled with meeting some great people on the way including some not on this forum and some in MOBO's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes the weather has been disappointing but I think it was something that 'bald headed Essex bloke' (aka EastCoastBernie) said about not staying at home when the forecast is bad as sometimes it isn't that got me thinking and that is what I have been doing this season. I might not go out but I am enjoying the boat.

Since turning 41 and surviving the age at which my family have heart attacks without having one (Father died at that age and both older brothers had them) I suppose I am a glass half full not a half empty person! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bastonjock

Visit site
well done on getting past the 42 mark flipper, have no experience of such things as i was abandoned as a baby,they took one look at me and did a runner /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SirSnoozalot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - and comments like these are not helping /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, just repeating your comment really.

Not sure how you gave me the "lippy" title, but my reply is in consideration of your remark.

Also, couldn't see why having or not having a boat, would made one more lippy or less lippy.

I must have missed something here. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Perhaps you could enlighten me?