• OUT

Votes: 266 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Visit site
interesting, and YBW is 50-50....?

Question: Do Brexit people shop at Lidl/Aldi?

The list is very interesting and proves a serious point.
Also, some people naively think that the UK will give up its army and the nuclear deterrent; no european country will do such a thing; a common european army will be necessary in addition to the member country armies. Same applies for the navy; EU needs a strong navy to guard its borders, especially the Med, which at present is a huge weakness to the overall security; security will encourage even more leisure sailing and yachting industries to flourish.

VO5

Visit site
Also, some people naively think that the UK will give up its army and the nuclear deterrent; no european country will do such a thing; a common european army will be necessary in addition to the member country armies. Same applies for the navy; EU needs a strong navy to guard its borders, especially the Med, which at present is a huge weakness to the overall security; security will encourage even more leisure sailing and yachting industries to flourish.

Interesting list indeed.
What about the fishermen ?

Poignard

Visit site
Re: Carrot & stick - but where's the carrot?

(...)

If another war broke out inside the Europe Countries, quite likely to do so, we in the UK would be far better position to counter it rather than inside the EU.

(...)
On what grounds would any modern EU member state declare war on another? Do you see any European country currently building up its armed forces with a view to territorial aggrandizement? Are Germany and France building warships, military aircraft and missiles with which to attack their European neighbours? Are they increasing the size of their armies with that end in view? Have they budgeted for the colossal expenditure that would be necessary?

Have you ever read anything about the origins of European wars during the last, say, two centuries? What parallels do you draw between circumstances then and those existing today?

Sorry for throwing all these questions at you but one final one, if you don't mind.

Are you really serious, or just being silly? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

sailorman

Visit site
So far 18 months too late

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
interesting, and YBW is 50-50....?

Question: Do Brexit people shop at Lidl/Aldi?

Don't forget: Rupert also favours a BREXIT.
Interesting to learn why...

CcNS6uPW0AA7YFI.jpg

Jamesuk

Visit site
I must have missed somewhere that the Referendum is merely an advisory vote nothing is legally binding to it. (BusinesInsider) so with that in mind the government could just take it to the Parliament and put it to the house. That is parliamentary sovereignty so I have read.

If I had a wand I would perhaps form a Brexit nation outside of the EU just for Brits. Ascension Island springs to mind :)

Capt Popeye

Visit site
If we did vote for a brexit then the eu will do what they did with iteland & demand another referendum until we get the answer correct. Then that answer will be considered democratic

Humm, yes Sir you just might be right on that matter, but it just might demonstrate to some waverers in the STAY camp what they are voting for in reality.
Also no doubt that our VAT will be up at 20% or so and the future inside the EU will become even more apparent, even to the 'waverers' among us.

Bobc

Visit site
If we did vote for a brexit then the eu will do what they did with iteland & demand another referendum until we get the answer correct. Then that answer will be considered democratic

I suspect you're right, but I think what would happen is that the government won't invoke article 50, the EU will invite them back for further negotioations, there will be some other concessions offered (mainly regarding immigration controls and some guarantees on our rebate), and then it will either go to a 2nd referendum, of the government will tell us all that they now have the deal they originally wanted and as such we're staying in.

So if you want to remain in but with some real reform and an end to the immigration nightmare, then vote to leave.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I suspect you're right, but I think what would happen is that the government won't invoke article 50, the EU will invite them back for further negotioations, there will be some other concessions offered (mainly regarding immigration controls and some guarantees on our rebate), and then it will either go to a 2nd referendum, of the government will tell us all that they now have the deal they originally wanted and as such we're staying in.

So if you want to remain in but with some real reform and an end to the immigration nightmare, then vote to leave.

If you think about it a very narrow out vote might make that a very likely scenario

MJWF

Visit site
If you think about it a very narrow out vote might make that a very likely scenario

A very narrow vote for out will lead to a lot of uncertainty which will cost us a financially (uncertainty always does) and potentially end up with an unforseen (bad) outcome. It isnt worth "experimenting" - we all have a whinge but Britain is not such a bad place (if it was there wouldn't be all the imigration)

Daydream believer

Visit site
A very narrow vote for out will lead to a lot of uncertainty which will cost us a financially (uncertainty always does) and potentially end up with an unforseen (bad) outcome. It isnt worth "experimenting" - we all have a whinge but Britain is not such a bad place (if it was there wouldn't be all the imigration)
Britain is a great place. It is being ruined by influences beyond our control

Bobc

Visit site

I disagree. I suspect that plans are already laid for this, and by dinner time on Friday there will be an announcement of an "emergency meeting" of EU heads of state to discuss "what they need to do to keep us in". The markets will know what that means (as will the public), and all will be calm.

I personally think that this is the route we have to take. If we vote to remain, we are sending a signal saying that they can impose whatever they want on us and we'll just lie down and accept it. I'm not madly in favour of leaving, but I dislike the current situation enough to prefer that outcome. However, I would much prefer a situation where we can stay in but on terms more favourable to us, and giving us at least some controls and proper vetos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.