Electric dinghy inflation pump

ashtead

Visit site
You could use a ryobi with ability to add other power tools etc using the battery pack as required . We had a ryobi mower and a strummer so the batteries already owned . I’ve never had a Lidl parkside inflator if one exists and I guess a variety of other makes out there like the ryobi concept.

ctva

Visit site
I bit the bullet last year after using a £5 high volume low pressure battery pump and then finishing off with a foot pump by getting a SUP pump Amazon.co.uk which is absolutely worth every penny. Rechargeable or direct from 12v and I never ran out of charge last year with maybe 6 or more inflations. It goes high volume low pressure then automatically switches to low volume high pressure to go as high as 20psi (tenders are usually about 2-3psi tops). All in a few mins.

Love it.

Stemar

Visit site
Another vote for a rechargeable pump, rather than pure 12v. We got one several years ago after I'd been seriously ill, and it's great to dump the dinghy on the club pontoon, set the pump going and go to do something else while it pumps itself up.

Refueler

Visit site
I had a rechargeable - was great for about a year - then batts died .... back then it was all NICd's and that's why. LiFe etc was only a rumour - otherwise I would have swapped out for LiFE 18650's ....

Sea Change

Visit site
The outlet of my wet and dry vac does a surprisingly good job. Finish off with the standard foot pump.

I've also got an LVM high volume (in both airflow and decibels) pump. Can't be run from a 12v socket, it'll blow the fuse. But with croc clips directly off a battery, it's pretty impressive.

ashtead

Visit site
Having been there the ones with leads can be aPITA if inflating the Sup or dinghy etc due to lead length. We have a green hand held one with leads plus the decathlon type small one but whatever make you get invest in a standalone unit unless you have a spare 12volt for the outboard maybe - I wonder if an electric outboard battery could also power an inflator?

mrming

instagram.com
My lesson from using a rechargeable SUP pump is to not try to get the dinghy fully inflated with it, as you can burn out the motor. Instead, as noted above, get it 90% there and finish with the foot pump.

Ian_Rob

Visit site
this one, wetline 290, quite a large dinghy. inflates in a couple of minutes

View attachment 175017
Thanks Woozy. I am looking to replace a Bravo BST 12 HP and this may be an option though both the low and high pressure outputs are lower.and my dingy is a bit larger. I like the integrated battery - as long as it will do a full inflate and a bit of a deflate on one charge.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
We have a SUP pump from Amazon, £80, just 12v. We have 12v sockets in the cockpit. It blows up our air floor tender in under 5 mins. Takes longer for an actual paddleboard, as the whole damn thing needs to be at 15psi.