Crossing the adriatic from Dubrovnik to Vieste(I)

jfm

Visit site
a thread on boating in Croatia wasn't complete without a pic like that, wihch pretty much reflects the local habits, as you surely know.

Yes, indeed, one of the joys of Croatia boating. I'll try to post some more Croatia pics tonight or tomorrow, and we might even have put enough pressure on Deleted User to post some :)

Nice Christmas video BartW, thanks

MapisM

Visit site
I'll try to post some more Croatia pics tonight or tomorrow, and we might even have put enough pressure on Deleted User to post some
Looking forward to that.
"Naked Croatian beauties", I can't think of a more appropriate Xmas thread...! :D

scubaman

Visit site
Mapis wrote

Actually, some time ago, I considered to digitise all my old pics, but I realised that a decent conversion from 35mm slides (which is what I used, mostly) isn't trivial, and takes a lot of time
"........
A few years go I employed a mates teenage brother to scan a bagful on childhood pics. A few months later I had them all scanned on a dvd for a very reasonable cost. It wasn't optimal quality (though neither were the originals) but in this case the main thing was to get them in digital format for sharing and back up.

Maybe a relative could help with the tedious bit? If they were to be scanned as raw, it would leave a lot of room to play with if you want to tweak the best ones later.
I have never done 35mm scanning so I don't really know how demanding it is though...

Great pics, btw.

MapisM

Visit site
Thanks scubaman, I never considered such option, but it does make sense.
Actually, as I said, I've never been so keen on "modernising" memories.
There's a sort of nice time warp effect in looking at old pics with a slide projector rather than on a pc monitor or a TV.
Good point also re. the backup, though.
Let's see how long this winter will be.... :)

BartW

www.amptec.be
I don't dare asking how many watts you have onboard...! :D

don't worry,
We’re in professional sound, no soundblasters nor Hifi.

On the boat, the kids and swmbo connect their I phone / I pod
But
I don't like too much noise, just the sound of the sea, the wind, the engines,…:eek:
I do like some music though, but not on the boat

BartW

www.amptec.be
Did you find one of those bars on the rocks outside the city wall?

Do you mean on these rocks such as the spot with the sunbrella's ?
i-2RM9gCz-L.jpg

I’ve never had a drink on there, we prefer a terrace on Stradun, (the main street)
This one here:
i-h2N6n2X-L.jpg

This is a picture on the same place in the other direction:
I’ve No relation with The family with the nice shirts :)
(I believe they are British tourists :D)
i-TQ3JnPT-L.jpg

Or at night
i-L7nmCsV-L.jpg

About these walls, do you know that you can walk all around the old town ?
i-frxD5Mv-L.jpg

i-kK2qMWk-L.jpg

i-pn5F8TN-L.jpg

Look at the island in the previous photo, on the sea side of the old town,
It’s called lokrum, on the other side is a bay , this is a spot we like a lot near old town Dubrovnic
i-VT97Rmj-L.jpg

These pictures are taken from Lokrum, the pictures don’t do justice to the place, its really really nice,
And usually you can see a few super yachts from there, anchored in front of old town Dubrovnic.

this picture is taken in the direction towards Cavtat, Dubrovnic is behind us
i-P4MxDFZ-L.jpg

i-Z3R73v2-L.jpg

The island is full of peacocks
i-3QCJp5F-L.jpg

And there is a small lake, picture is in post #1 from this thread.
There is a shuttle service to Lokrum many times a day (when you’re not there with your own boat)

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

Yup Bart, thats where one of the bars is. Great for chilling out after a hard day's loafing. There's another further around the wall. Yes you can walk the city wall; its actually quite a good walk so perfect for working up an appetite for dinner

BartW

www.amptec.be
...Losinij, with the old village harbour, much nicer than the new one but only good for smallish boat.
Easily reachable from the main marina by cab anyway, or even better renting a scooter...
VeliLosinij.jpg

One of my Croatian friends told me that for him,
the 3 most beautifull villages in his country are:

- Cavtat (fully agree)
- Primosten (yes also nice)
- and Losinj ..... perhaps I should ge there, I've never been in that area

D

Deleted User YDKXO

- Cavtat (fully agree)

Yes we like Cavtat too. It has a very Med feel about it. I'm not so sure about Primosten as its been very crowded with tourists whenever we've visited. We haven't been to Losinj yet either

BartW

www.amptec.be
Yes we like Cavtat too. It has a very Med feel about it.

mmm good to hear that there is someone on here who has been there and likes Cavtat !
Don't forget to blow the horn, the next time you're there :)
I might invite you to a nice restaurant (Leut) and drink a glass of good Croatian wine together :D

best wishes to you Mike !

D

Deleted User YDKXO

mmm good to hear that there is someone on here who has been there and likes Cavtat !
Don't forget to blow the horn, the next time you're there :)
I might invite you to a nice restaurant (Leut) and drink a glass of good Croatian wine together :D

best wishes to you Mike !

I might take you up on that, Bart

BartW

www.amptec.be
She will end up with more miles on her than the space shuttle if you keep up the travels

:D

hi Andy,
was it you that we met briefly at LIBS, on the Flybridge of Jfm's boat ?
I'm sorry that we didn't catch up any further,
was too much impressed and intrigued by JFM's explanations...:)

andy59

Visit site
Hi Bart , nice to meet you as well and sorry to interupt your tour but SWMBO was hovering near the bar and i still had lots to see . Love your posts BTW off all the places you can go with a trail boat , ( been wanting to go to the Scillys for ages ) but SWMBO wants something nearer to 40 ft to go out of sight of land :eek: , otherwise i would get a 23 footer tomorrow , but instead we are saving to go bigger :):) . Not in JFMs league though :( MATCH is fantastic and it was great to see how much actualy goes into building a boat that size .

ReneJK

Visit site

- Cavtat (fully agree)

We stayed a night in Veli Losinje, its a beautifull little harbour , we moored up against the wall just on the left hand side on the pic you posted , where the white/mint green sports boat is

Its great to spend the night if you can but VERY noisy , people walk around all night long and kids stay up late , But the little harbour and village absolutely make up for it . I'll post some pics later