A wee picture from 32s

William_H

Visit site
Last race for the season last Sunday. Little boat going well under very shy spinnaker. About 12kts of wind. 27 degrees. The other 3 in the fleet well behind. Sadly the 32fter passed us about 500m from finish. Note pole slightly higher than horizontal to free luff to keep it full at near 90 degrees apparent. Also essential crew weight at stern to avert round up. All a bit nerve racking being so shy but we made it to the post where we could bare away. Put smaller spinnaker on for next leg also shy. ol'will
14Mar20241.jpeg

William_H

Visit site
My UFO 31 has a jockey pole to improve the lead of the guy, never bothered with it though.
It's a tough life you lead.
Do you actually have a winter there?
Funny you should ask. Actually we are all looking forward to winter. But due to global warming it seems like a long way off. 30 max yesterday 36 last week and this is supposed to be middle of autumn. Hottest March on record. Official 25mm rain in last 7 months. Just 2 showers to my memory. So yes winter will come with daily max around 18 to 20 and hopefully lots of rain. Club runs a winter series every fortnight. I reckon by now I have had enough of sailing and love fettling the boat in the back yard. Plus water gets too cold for the regular before race in water scrub. Weed groes like crazy. So it will come home in next week or so.
Yes my little boat when I bought it came with a jockey pole for guy but like you manage without it. Try to get pole off the forestay sometimes fail there does not seem to matter so much. ol'will Incidentally credit to Sam james fgor the photo thanks SAM

DanTribe

Visit site
So winter is when the temperature drops to 18 degrees? That would be a nice summer day here in UK.
Your boat looks like great fun.

Last edited: