Boat design consultancy

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Hi folks, this is just to keep up with my promise.
Following further checks with my yard, the feasibility of the "foldable" HT was confirmed. But based on their works schedule on one hand, and on my wish to start using the boat by end of Apr/beginning of May otoh, it was impossible to complete the job in time for this season.
So, long story short, the new HT goes into the projects list for 2010 winter, and I won't be able to post some pics of the final result of all your contributions till then - sorry about that.
But in the meantime, if anyone will be around southern Sardinia this summer, be aware that some good bottles of Italian wine will always be available for forumites. And of course, any further ideas which might pop to your minds when looking at the boat in flesh, will be more than welcome!

I missed this thread! Lovely boat btw. First time I've seen it. I agree that the existing s/s arch looks slightly out of place on such a classic looking boat but actually I think any kind of arch + HT structure would look out of place because it looks too modern. Just a thought but IMHO a single mast for carrying the radar etc looks better on this type of boat, maybe like this

2003199_1.jpg

It would look even better made of varnished timber or accented with timber

What is your intention with the hardtop, to shade the whole flybridge or just the seating area? If it's just the seating area, then I would be thinking about a simple bimini. The square shape lends itself to a simple s/s frame for a canvas bimini. A canvas bimini would mean that you could choose it's colour, maybe blue to match the seat cushions or tan and change the cushions to match.

As I say, just some thoughts but keep those pics coming

MapisM

Visit site
I missed this thread! Lovely boat btw.
Thanks Mike for your appreciation, and also for the suggestions.
I can easily see why you didn't go through all previous posts, but in a nutshell the main reason why I was thinking of an hard top rather than a bimini is because it could serve also the purpose of fully covering/enclosing the whole FB when the boat is not used.
But aside from that, I fully agree with you, as you can see in my post #17:
Strictly from an aesthetic viewpoint, imho the best solution would be a wooden mast, period. Nothing else.

:)