Steel boat build - Almarine 1200fa

vas

Visit site
I still don’t have a through hull transducer and will probably have to launch with a transom mount unit slung on a temporary stainless steel arm fixed to the swim platform! been on order since Feb. Will have to do the swap at first lift out. Also have an IPad with Navionics on.
what's the hull transducer that;s on back order? I just hope it's not one of the AIRMAR N2K triducers (depth/speed/temp) aka DST as they are crap and should not be used! Read reports on temp failing.

BruceK

Visit site
John, you can get a better offer elsewhere….you could live in my basement…

At least with our fleet he will get an education on how not to be a day boat going round and round Conwy Bay in ever boring circles so he can make gate times. Mention overnight anchoring to most and watch them sweat and get uncomfortable. Plus on the upside we will christen his boat so he's Neptune's best pal.... frequently. A good party boat is always welcome.

JOHNPEET

Visit site
what's the hull transducer that;s on back order? I just hope it's not one of the AIRMAR N2K triducers (depth/speed/temp) aka DST as they are crap and should not be used! Read reports on temp failing.

Humminbird for G4N Helix range of plotters with Chirp, Mega down and side imaging.

Reactions: vas

Bouba

Visit site
At least with our fleet he will get an education on how not to be a day boat going round and round Conwy Bay in ever boring circles so he can make gate times. Mention overnight anchoring to most and watch them sweat and get uncomfortable. Plus on the upside we will christen his boat so he's Neptune's best pal.... frequently. A good party boat is always welcome.
You can have him when I’ve finished....he just spent eleven years building a boat...spending a couple of years doing my projects will be nothing to him?

Mr Googler

Visit site
There’s a reason to stay ashore if ever I’ve heard one!

JOHNPEET

Visit site
Oh yes! Now we are talking! Looks awesome! Did you have a little potter out?
No. Launched and roped over to the fuel pumps and a visitor berth for a couple of days. More testing to be done yet. Need to run the engines up and nudge them in and out of gear etc to make sure the moves in the expected direction ? Also need to run the gen set, check elec heads, commission the hot and cold water system and a few other bits and pieces.
All being well, we’ll leave Conwy on Thursday afternoon bound for her summer home at Rowen Bay Port Dinorwic.

Greg2

Visit site
Must have been a momentous day given the journey to get there!
She looks absolutely superb and you can be rightly proud of all that you have achieved. Time to enjoy being on the water now ?