Steel boat build - Almarine 1200fa

Flynnbarr

Visit site
Well, in between using her, I keep being reminded that I now have twelve years of house and garden neglect to catch up with! And in fairness……………..!

Lets not have any of that crazy talk on here !
Your wife having now realised what a very clever chap you are will have heaps of house and garden ideas bubbling away…..women are like that….
Get that scaffolding back up and another kit ordered to scupper that quickly…. hurry up ……..time is of the essence :)

waynes world

Visit site
Bit late to the party as usual but what an amazingly gorgeous boat you have built. I am in 100% envy John. I have been following but not commenting as i was in awe at your work and just enjoyed following your build.
You have some cracking times ahead for you and the folk :)

Enjoy

Oh and next project for you, what is it ??????????

all best Faffer :)

JOHNPEET

Visit site
Bit late to the party as usual but what an amazingly gorgeous boat you have built. I am in 100% envy John. I have been following but not commenting as i was in awe at your work and just enjoyed following your build.
You have some cracking times ahead for you and the folk :)

Enjoy

Oh and next project for you, what is it ??????????

all best Faffer :)

Thank you.

At the moment, I’m very much enjoying the fact that I don’t have a major boating project to complete by any particular target date! ?

Although, looking after this boat now it’s on the water seems like a project in itself!

Otherwise, my projects for the next couple of years will likely not be boat related! Unless………………! ?

waynes world

Visit site
Thank you.

At the moment, I’m very much enjoying the fact that I don’t have a major boating project to complete by any particular target date! ?

Although, looking after this boat now it’s on the water seems like a project in itself!

Otherwise, my projects for the next couple of years will likely not be boat related! Unless………………! ?

One thing i stopped doing is targets. oh and costing. And saying ` this is my last boat ` as i doubt it ha ha

I wish i had your project, i wouldnt mind the upkeep of it :)

JOHNPEET

Visit site
We need some in use pictures and info John!

Performance what you expected etc….???

??? Just remember that I’m not in the 38knts plus club, so performance for me will be around how far can I go on a gallon of diesel!

The trip over from Conwy to the mooring gave me a couple of problems - exhaust gas high temp on the port engine and a slightly smoky exhaust on the starboard engine. The exhaust gas temp alarm was a schoolboy error really! The raw water pumps were rebuilt when I did the engines. The issue being that although those ”new” impellers haven’t done any real work, they’re quite a few years old by now! On inspection, the impellers weren’t cracked or were there any vanes missing, but where they were sitting on the cam, they were permanently distorted to the effect that they did not contact the pump body when off the cam. Needless to say they’ve been swapped out on both engines. With regard to the smoky exhaust, I’ve taken the decision to have both turbos refurbished - something that I didn’t do when I rebuilt the engines - Yep, I know about hindsight!

So, with the turbos over at Midland Turbo, our travels have been severely constrained. I’m hoping to have the turbos back by the end of next week.

In the meantime, with the engines having run for a few hours now, I’m sorting an oil and filter change.

Other than that, we’ve had a great few days and a long weekend aboard with children and grandchildren but obviously just on the mooring. A great introduction for them considering the little ones have never been on a boat before!

C142CD68-52F7-49A2-84B1-6A1EB0E8208E.jpegA6CABEEC-D912-495B-939D-50BD3616F1C7.jpegD9AB8FAE-7682-4390-8D63-42D1FD494ADD.jpegE4CC74BA-70AA-407E-B16C-22DD89D28E73.jpeg92C9FAE3-7EA3-4087-824F-580A5D8EC653.jpeg

BruceK

Visit site
Arggggg. There be funboxes to be had just there

pJGGVga.jpg

I can almost taste the plunder now mateys

jfjZTe1.jpg

Who has the spare key, Seacock!?

BruceK

Visit site
I really like the mast on the rear deck...very tasteful

I believe his mooring is used to anchor down the underwater electrical cables that feed Angelsey or at least part of it with electricity. The Caernarfon Harbour Trust of pirates and buccaneers got a backhander when they proposed using 20 tons of steel boat as a earthing source.
Electrolysis? Not my problem sir. But the upside of it is at least it's not overhead allowing a roosting place for seagulls.

JOHNPEET

Visit site
I believe his mooring is used to anchor down the underwater electrical cables that feed Angelsey or at least part of it with electricity. The Caernarfon Harbour Trust of pirates and buccaneers got a backhander when they proposed using 20 tons of steel boat as a earthing source.
Electrolysis? Not my problem sir. But the upside of it is at least it's not overhead allowing a roosting place for seagulls.

Errmmm, my mooring is the cable! As both ends are anchored within local sub-stations, it allows me to check the arrangement without getting wet or paying someone to lift the ground tackle annually! Seemed like a good option ?