New boat!

BruceK

Visit site
Chrome plastic? How many holes did you have to drill to put that up :(

Windscreen looks good ?

I hope those green buckets are filled with water. At this rate it's all she'll see this year!

Time to fill her tanks, press gang the dancing girls, and make your way down to Conwy. We're getting a two week heatwave and I plan on making the most of it

Mr Googler

Visit site
The trim is u shaped….no screws involved. Same stuff chavs use on their cars. Fueling up next week.

I won’t be leaving Manx waters I’m afraid. Complicated return pathway due to work ???

vas

Visit site
even the plastic chrome looks good!
I think it's time to get used to the idea that she'll get dirty and you have to live with that and that water is where she should be...
looking fwd to pics in the water now, not much else to see tbh

Mr Googler

Visit site
@vas. I have no problem with it getting dirty….after it’s clean! I’m looking forward to in water photos too….and video.

I do apologise if this is getting boring. There are some other fascinating threads on Volvo Penta fault codes and limp modes to keep you enthralled ??

BruceK

Visit site
The trim is u shaped….no screws involved. Same stuff chavs use on their cars. Fueling up next week.

I won’t be leaving Manx waters I’m afraid. Complicated return pathway due to work ???

We will settle for pics (y) I just cant wait to see the grin on your face though for unlike you I've seen what she can do and how she performs and I think once you experience it for yourself they wont be able to wipe the grin off your face and you'll kick yourself for not getting her in the water sooner. She is a beast.

CRD

Visit site
Mr Googler, what a great job you are doing on your boat.
All that hard work, blood sweat and tears, not necessarily in that order, will all be worth it. I started painting cars back in the 70's and quickly learned it not about your skill levels it's all about the tooling. DAs, palm sanders, slow speed polishers, etc etc etc. After every car I sprayed I would buy some more tools. Most of them I have still got and they will be put to good use when I get my boat out of the water to paint.

I am very envious of your energy levels. Great job!!

Mr Googler

Visit site
All that hard work, blood sweat and tears, not necessarily in that order, will all be worth it. I started painting cars back in the 70's and quickly learned it not about your skill levels it's all about the tooling. DAs, palm sanders, slow speed polishers, etc etc etc. After every car I sprayed I would buy some more tools. Most of them I have still got and they will be put to good use when I get my boat out of the water to paint.

Thanks very much for your kind comments.

if I was doing it again….with the kit I’ve got now….it would be a lot quicker ?

Im still glad I did it and that I went 2 pack paint…even though it’s much more tricky than single pack. Now…I could give another coat in the future at any time as I know the previous layers are proper stuck and cured. My main take aways from the experience on the painting side is thinner speed and wind. I’d have saved myself loads of sanding with slower thinners and doing it indoors.

Ive really enjoyed the work and learning..…..most of the time ???

Seastoke

Visit site
When she is finished can we have her back to clean up the river , and you can have a Formula to refurb.

bowler

Visit site

I will second that. Very impressive and a great example of perseverance and dedication. You will be turning heads everywhere she goes!