New boat!

vas

Visit site
good going!

slight pitting in the alloy tubular frame for the hard top, is there anything that can deal with it, or you have to live with it? Interested if there's a magic potion for that!

vas

Visit site
it is probably anodised. Thing is if anodising fails and these small "craters" are created, you cannot "reinstate" the anodising, bar from removing the lot and getting it through a series of electrochemical baths (iirc)
Be v.gentle as any damage is irreversible, you can only delay it...

IMHO, that reason alone is why ali should be banned from boats altogether, unless hidden unseen

V

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Starting the final clean up here and there.

Console was the focus today

Fitted new cover. There’s no one here that does decent work so had it made by a chap in the UK and sent over

View attachment 118524

View attachment 118528

Very happy with the console after a polish up

View attachment 118525

this P1 stuff is amazing. My detailer mate swears by it

View attachment 118526

also cleaned all the tanks today. Lovely job. Just for @vas. I’m 6’4” and fit in there easy ?

View attachment 118527

Deck needs a good scrub but as the boat lived in North Wales with little sunshine…..the gel coat comes up really easy?

Cutting the side screens later to introduce a curve ???
Where did you get the P6 01 from? eBay only source is USA.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Any one know where I can find these in the UK? 20 dollar part across the pond but struggling to find a uk supplier or source. It’s a trailer bunk support. Box Frame it attaches to is 3 x 3 inch using a square shaped U bolt

1625772224861.jpeg

TwoHooter

Visit site
Very happy with the console after a polish up

View attachment 118525
Now THAT is a proper wheel, is that.
Story (already told once before somewhere on here) - When we were hoping to buy our boat, and trying to scrape the money together, we were on board when another prospective buyer rolled up. We sat in the saloon pretending to do something while he poked around. He was in the pilot house when we heard him say to his companion, 'I'm never going to buy a boat with a wheel like that'. He didn't. We did. I like our wheel. It's the same as Breaking Point (but not so shiny.

Seastoke

Visit site
Now THAT is a proper wheel, is that.
Story (already told once before somewhere on here) - When we were hoping to buy our boat, and trying to scrape the money together, we were on board when another prospective buyer rolled up. We sat in the saloon pretending to do something while he poked around. He was in the pilot house when we heard him say to his companion, 'I'm never going to buy a boat with a wheel like that'. He didn't. We did. I like our wheel. It's the same as Breaking Point (but not so shiny.
The steering wheel is for the road trailer rear wheel steering , the boat is to hold water for the IOM.

LBRodders

Visit site
Side screens before
View attachment 118682View attachment 118674
After

View attachment 118676View attachment 118675

better I think. Very tricky to cut decent curves. I’m going to finish with some sort of edging trim I think. Thanks @vas ??

Looks great.
Going to be a cracking boat on completion.
Apologies if you've mentioned it on the gigantic thread, but how are you going to use it and who with (solo/pals/partner etc)?

I actually think a day boat on a trailer is the way ahead. Use it when the weather is fab, then when not it's on your drive costing peanuts ??

vas

Visit site
Not bad, Mr g.
But then, you'd expect me to say so ?
Is the perspex tinted not a stick on film, right?
Not sure I d like a trim tbh