Mooring on bouy in Algarve

Thomasgeuens

Visit site
hello all, i would like to moor my boat in the bay of alvor. what are the rules of mooring? can i put a buoy to an anchor myself to be sure of a place when i come back from a day of sailing?

greeny

Visit site
A lot of (if not all) the moorings there are "official" in that they are recorded with the authorities to the owner who laid them and now "owns" them. Many are rented out by the owners. There is certainly no room to safely lay any more. I know that there is one mooring up for rent there at the moment and I think its for up to 11 metres 1.4m draught. Its on Portimao navigators facebook page تسجيل الدخول إلى فيسبوك 150 euros per month. There are several boats anchored to one side of the channel and not much room there either. I think buoying an anchor spot for your return would be looked upon dimly by the other users of the very restricted anchorage area. Just my opinion. If the area you're talking about is up near the entrance then there's normally plenty of room to anchor there but I've never seen any buoyed mooring up in that area. You may be ok buoying an anchor spot up there but because there's nearly always room, no one bothers. Boats just come and go. I always feel that buoying an anchor for your return to reserve a space is a bit selfish and I would never do it. Some people have a different opinion. At the end of the day you are stopping someone else from using that spot whilst you are away sailing.

Last edited: