Just Rescued 2 Sailors....

Lakesailor

Visit site
Why does anyone have a bleddy great ocean going yacht such as next to 'Pat Riot' on a duckpond?

that's a tiddler. 53'Hanse anyone?

FrostbiteMarch1_6.jpg

Lakesailor

Visit site
Ah, to avoid confusion. I was stood on the shore 200 yds from home. We are 60 yds from the shore, but the trees are very dense here.

The views of the capsized dinghy are from the lounge. It's a vista through the trees. I have done a bit of creative pruning this year. Last year we wouldn't have had the view as the steam boat museum was still standing and blocked it for us. In the winter we get a much more open view, but once the leaves arrive it is more restricted.

Last edited:

Seajet

Visit site
I remember even in my days as a boy trying to explore Swallows & Amazons territory ( mix of Windermere & Coniston ) there were mobo's like Moonrakers on Windermere, a bit of a pain to a sailing dinghy but nowhere near as much as the speedboats; a berk hanging on a waterski wire nearly decapitated me and looked like taking my rig off until he had the good grace to let go and stuff himself onto the rock off Low Wray.

Seems like there are a lot more supposedly offshore capable mobo's on Windermere now, I suppose as long as they stick to the speed limit, why not if that's their thing.

Lakesailor

Visit site
That had occurred to me, but it was a couple of hundred yards away and even if you shout things like that at people they tend to get all arsey.
Their problem. No doubt that is why Travis got them both into the RIB.