How many have chosen to have a folding e-scooter on board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I agree with you....for every person going to work on a e-scooter it’s one less car on the road. A bicycle does the same...except you lock it up outside when you go to work....and it’s not there for your return journey...a scooter goes inside with you. There’s a lovely small city just north called Aix-en-Provence...it’s a student town, like Oxford...when I first went there every student was on a bicycle now they are on e-scooters.
Of course they have been emasculated here as well...insurance and restricted in power...I think I’m the only one in the country who’s legal...but I have noticed more kids wearing helmets which is good, they used to laugh at the old bloke on a scooter with a helmet😂🤣😳
What about knee pads? Coming off a scooter would surely give the knees, & wrists a fair old belt first, would it not? Not to mention the elbows of course.
If you had a Brompton you could take it inside with you & put it under your office desk -or restaurant table as the case may be.

lustyd

Visit site
No they are caused by scooters HITTING cars & pedestrians. There is a difference :cry: :rolleyes:
They really aren’t. Angry old people say that a lot but the reality is quite different. The sensible way forwards would be to remove cars from town centres to give room for cycle lanes and scooter lanes separated from pedestrians. We won’t get to net zero if every single person wants to drag two tons of steel with them everywhere they go.

Daydream believer

Visit site
They really aren’t. Angry old people say that a lot but the reality is quite different. The sensible way forwards would be to remove cars from town centres to give room for cycle lanes and scooter lanes separated from pedestrians. We won’t get to net zero if every single person wants to drag two tons of steel with them everywhere they go.
I am not interested in going to net zero though. So stuff that for starters.
Plus am certainly not going to pedal a bike 28 miles to get to our town centre.
Then when I get there I am not going to struggle with 5 heavy bags(for life) full of the week's shopping -that I already need a shopping trolley to move to my car- on a bike.

Last edited:

lustyd

Visit site
I am not interested in going to net zero though. So stuff that for starters. Plus am certainly not going to pedal a bike 28 miles to get to our town centre.
Fair enough, hopefully you’ll be dead before the real problems kick in although that’s only looking like 10-20 years before it’s really serious now with the tropics becoming uninhabitable and the rest of the planet having continuous storms.

But yeah, don’t worry about it, it’s someone else’s problem. Hopefully you don’t have offspring who will suffer due to your attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.