It's official we can now go sailing again!

coveman

Visit site
Mylor Yacht Harbour have just emailed to advise that we can visit our boats again from tomorrow, with launching services underway and the water taxi resuming shortly. Now waiting with baited breath for the Falmouth Harbour Commissioner's take on sailing...
It will be interesting to see how they can obey the 2 metre rule when operating the water taxi. unless its a very long one!

alexincornwall

Visit site
It is quite clear from the following exerpt that we can go sailing from Wednesday:

"Public spaces
SAGE advise that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside, so the Government is updating the rules so that, as well as exercise, people can now also spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household; good hand hygiene, particularly with respect to shared surfaces; and those responsible for public places being able to put appropriate measures in place to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidance.

People may exercise outside as many times each day as they wish. For example, this would include angling and tennis. You will still not be able to use areas like playgrounds, outdoor gyms or ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces. You can only exercise with up to one person from outside your household – this means you should not play team sports, except with members of your own household.

People may drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there, because this does not involve contact with people outside your household.

When travelling to outdoor spaces, it is important that people respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where it would be inconsistent with guidance or regulations issued by the relevant devolved administration.

These measures may come with some risk; it is important that everyone continues to act responsibly, as the large majority have done to date. The infection rate will increase if people begin to break these rules and, for example, mix in groups in parks, which will trigger the need for further restrictions."

This clearly covers our sport. There is now no prohibition to sailing.

Would section 1.9 forbid us from spending the night onboard? 'Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home for a holiday or other purpose is not allowed. This includes visiting second homes.'

Motor_Sailor

Visit site
Would section 1.9 forbid us from spending the night onboard? 'Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home for a holiday or other purpose is not allowed. This includes visiting second homes.'

I would have said almost certainly. But without a much clearer and explicit explanation, I think you can bet that visits this weekend to mobile homes, boats and second homes round here will be up from the 20% of last weekend to nearer 100%.

syvictoria

Visit site
Mylor Yacht Harbour have just emailed to advise that we can visit our boats again from tomorrow, with launching services underway and the water taxi resuming shortly. Now waiting with baited breath for the Falmouth Harbour Commissioner's take on sailing...

Do they know that it's only Tuesday tomrrow? (It is only Tuesday tomorrow, isn't it? :unsure: )

Sealong

Visit site
Brighton Marina have sent out SMS and email messages. Nothing explicit but the tone is at least optimistic and not restrictive.
I am keen to see how my boat has taken the recent NE'ly battering.

coveman

Visit site
Could you enlighten me as to which document you refer when talking about "section 1.9" - I would love to get away to my holiday home!

syvictoria

Visit site
Boris has just said in the commons, no visits to second homes allowed. I fear that caravan owners are going to be (rightfully) disgruntled if cabin boat owners are treated any differently.

Humblebee

Visit site
Not sure how much is legislation and how much is guidance but looks like I won't be going to Oban Marina for a while yet. The latest on their website reflects the comments from Nickie Sturgeon, link below, I have quoted the relevant part separately.

Non-essential trips to Scotland 'could break law'

But Ms Sturgeon said that in Scotland, "lockdown remains in place for now".
She said: "If you are in Scotland, then the law in Scotland applies - and the law says that just now you can only be out of your own home for essential reasons."
And she stressed that "it is not OK to drive into Scotland to beauty spots to visit places and for leisure".

Baroudeur

Visit site
Brighton Marina have sent out SMS and email messages. Nothing explicit but the tone is at least optimistic and not restrictive.
I am keen to see how my boat has taken the recent NE'ly battering.

Interesting - I got their sms but not an email. It said that it would be making contact again after today’s clarification by government..

Have to be honest, I was also a bit worried about the blow yesterday not having seen my boat for such a long time..

Goldie

Visit site
It will be interesting to see how they can obey the 2 metre rule when operating the water taxi. unless its a very long one!

MYH imposed restrictions on the taxi before lockdown caused cessation of operations and I expect they’ll do the same now. In essence, under previous limitations they would only visit one boat (and under current rules that will mean only passengers from one household) per trip and the taxi is large enough to maintain 2m from the driver.

That’s my expectation, not the Stated MYH policy which remains to be seen.

Sharky34

Visit site
Not sure how much is legislation and how much is guidance but looks like I won't be going to Oban Marina for a while yet. The latest on their website reflects the comments from Nickie Sturgeon, link below, I have quoted the relevant part separately.

Non-essential trips to Scotland 'could break law'

But Ms Sturgeon said that in Scotland, "lockdown remains in place for now".
She said: "If you are in Scotland, then the law in Scotland applies - and the law says that just now you can only be out of your own home for essential reasons."
And she stressed that "it is not OK to drive into Scotland to beauty spots to visit places and for leisure".
She said its OK to sunbathe up there though.:ROFLMAO: