First Boat Purchased!!!

tranter5

Visit site
After 3-4 weeks the purchase of my first boat completed today! Sunseeker and Ferrari were two brands that made me want to set up my own business and give me the drive to do well so its overwhelming owning one already. Very exciting times, I have 6 days onboard from Sunday doing my Dayskipper combined with ICC so I can get confident with the boat and to comply with what my insurers wanted. Weather forecast is looking good so far Should be fun my dad and his mate and girlfriends dad are doing it as well as I want the family to get the use out of her. My dad owned a Macgregor 26x when I was a kid so had some experience but this is a first motor boat I will have experienced.

The boat is stunning and very tidy throughout and performed great on survey. She is finished to a very high standard with new carpets throught, new synthetic teak, lots of recent service work to the engines and drives.

1994 Sunseeker Martinique 39
Twin Yamaha 420 STI diesels

Few pics from survey will keep a journal as I always have with my car purchases (I am a total petrolhead). I plan to do a few cosmetic upgrades, potentially a blue wrapped hull and all the exterior seating re upholstered in the latest Sunseeker Cream. Boat will be used mainly for taking my friends and family out around the Solent and fishing. Mooring at Swanick Marina.

Last edited:

KevB

Visit site
Congratulations and welcome. The boat looks fantastic. I have very fond memories of Martinique 39's as it was in a friends one of these that I caught the boating bug.

rafiki_

Visit site
Many congratulations, she looks a lovely boat. I hope you have a lot of pleasure with your boating, and it is great to hear that you set your goals and have achieved them!

andrew humphries

Visit site
good for you, like you i have bought my first boat in the last couple of months and have been out on it nearly every weekend, not as fancy as yours but can see it will only be a matter of time before bigger and better things are on the horizon, lets hope we have another fab summer next year

Mr Googler

Visit site
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Those engines are first class. That said parts are getting a little rare and very expensive so keep up with maintenance especially the outdrives. BBMS at Swanwick are approved yamaha I think. Enjoy!!!

SammyB

Visit site
Congratulations very exciting! I really enjoyed doing my Day Skipper, would have loved to have done it on our own boat.

Last edited:

tranter5

Visit site
I have had an amazing week on the boat, put 30 hours on the engines and the first trip over from Torquay to Swanick Marina was fantastic, 4 hours 50 minutes, 29-32 knots all the way apart from around Portland Bill where things got pretty rough! Glad I had an instructor on board. Boat performed faultlessly I was expecting something to go wrong as the boat had only had around 40 hours use in the last 4 years and the 4 years prior to that she was out the water in a shed. She slept 4 of us in comfort for 7 days, and fuel economy was fantastic using £196 of diesel from Torquay to Swanick and the taxi from Swanick to Torquay cost £190. the rest of the week she average £19 an hour in fuel whilst training and a few blasts over to Portmouth/Isle of Wight. The Yamahas are peaches, utterly smooth and economical. I am over the moon with my purchase. Will Update the thread as I do bits to the boat. She is now sat in her Berth At Swanick Marina which I am so far impressed with, Fantastic facilities!

U4

Visit site
I have had an amazing week on the boat, put 30 hours on the engines and the first trip over from Torquay to Swanick Marina was fantastic, 4 hours 50 minutes, 29-32 knots all the way apart from around Portland Bill where things got pretty rough! Glad I had an instructor on board. Boat performed faultlessly I was expecting something to go wrong as the boat had only had around 40 hours use in the last 4 years and the 4 years prior to that she was out the water in a shed. She slept 4 of us in comfort for 7 days, and fuel economy was fantastic using £196 of diesel from Torquay to Swanick and the taxi from Swanick to Torquay cost £190. the rest of the week she average £19 an hour in fuel whilst training and a few blasts over to Portmouth/Isle of Wight. The Yamahas are peaches, utterly smooth and economical. I am over the moon with my purchase. Will Update the thread as I do bits to the boat. She is now sat in her Berth At Swanick Marina which I am so far impressed with, Fantastic facilities!

Sounds like a great week!! congratulations on the boat, looks like a real cracker!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how your first boat ownership experience goes!

sonvida2

Visit site

Now that's how you Christian a boat :encouragement: