Karnic 2450 - thinking of buying - any views

greeny

Visit site
I'm thinking of upgrading my 5 m fishing Rib to a Karnic bluewater 2450 with twin Johnson 140's on the back. Year 2006.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of the boat or engines? Good / bad? Things to look out for.
I know fuel consumption is going to be high compared to my old Honda 50hp but how high?
Thanks

rafiki_

Visit site
I'm thinking of upgrading my 5 m fishing Rib to a Karnic bluewater 2450 with twin Johnson 140's on the back. Year 2006.
Does anyone have any first hand experience of the boat or engines? Good / bad? Things to look out for.
I know fuel consumption is going to be high compared to my old Honda 50hp but how high?
Thanks
I believe Hugo, the MBY Editor is your best friend with this.

billskip

Visit site
Thanks
Back in the days I had a Mercury 50 it was a rule of thumb 1 gal per 10 hp pe hour ..so mine 5 gal per hour
This I found to be quite accurate going wot for 15 mins out from Lime Regis fishing for the day and 15 mins back. New engines today are of course more efficient..

Hot Property

Visit site
Thanks

Eye watering is the answer.

Spend more on a 4 stroke EFI single outboard and enjoy significantly lower fuel bills.

My 7 metre sports boat in profile photo did 30 litres an hour at 20 knots with a 1st generation 200 HP Verado.

Later engines are more efficient.

You will avoid boating as your fuel costs will be prohibitive if you buy this boat!