Dylan has lost a fan

skyflyer

Visit site
I found his latest film ignorant and insulting.

He will receive no farther support from me.

One door closes and another opens

I found it well researched and entertaining; thank you for introducing me to this, I will subscribe.

(then again I am a Campbell, and thus on every McDonald's hit list already)

Fantasie 19

Visit site
I've watched a goodly number of Dylan's films but I thought this one was a bit week... the bottled history and 45 versions of "over the sea to skye" was just padding for what was actually very little sailing which surely is the main (not only) reason for watching ... well for me anyway.... I get the impression Dylan's struggling a bit with getting good film in Scotland - the weather seems to be the main issue..

NealB

Visit site
I've watched a goodly number of Dylan's films but I thought this one was a bit week... the bottled history and 45 versions of "over the sea to skye" was just padding for what was actually very little sailing which surely is the main (not only) reason for watching ... well for me anyway.... I get the impression Dylan's struggling a bit with getting good film in Scotland - the weather seems to be the main issue..

I find the opinions more entertaining than the sailing shots.

Keef

Visit site
Thats torn it - a torrent of 'weather-ist' abuse will surely ensue

:)

I had some Scottish relatives down at mine. One thing that we agreed with is that Scotland is beautiful when the sun is shining, but unfortunately sunshine in Scotland is almost as rare as hen's teeth.

Personally I like Dylan's videos and will continue to watch them.

D

Deleted member 36384

The weather is not an issue in Scotland, it's just that folks expect it to be good during the normal summer holiday period. Great weather is almost guaranteed mid spring such that everyone thinks summer has arrived early: dry, very warm, settled. Then July drives and it is all downhill from there. Then we get to September and once again great weather. If you have flexible time and good weather is a must have criteria then stay away from Scotland from late June through to end of August. From late November to early March is a bit grim but that's more or less the lack of light.

Keen_Ed

Visit site
Worst thing about the Skye Boat Song is that it's one of the most unshiftable and contagious ear worms there is. Once you start humming..."speed, bonny boat, like a bird.." That's it. Doomed.

Other threads that may be of interest