Classic Sunseeker advice please

Mr Googler

Visit site
Awesome…..many congratulations! Defo better than the 39. Different league with those CAT’s on shafts ?

Cavalierbond

Visit site
I was in Granville dock last month and saw you come in a few times ... the engines “ thrump “ sounded great ... lovely boat ..

Nito

Visit site
Great boat - bet you are smiling like a Cheshire cat!

Yes, more so as time goes on weirdly. At the beginning your protective barriers are up and thinking and expecting the worst with everything until you've had time to go over everything and gain confidence. I've spent every weekend on there doing one thing or another and just going over everything checking what needs sorting etc and pre-empting anything that might become a problem as well as deep cleaning everything to get it to as new condition as we possibly can.

Nice morse controls .

Yes, the good ol' Morse MT3...funnily enough, it's one of the things I really wanted on a boat, but all the outdrive boats we looked at had the engine manufacturers own plastic handles, so it's great that we found one fitted with these. It's testament to Sunseeker's build quality too, that most of the fittings on the boat are still made in one form or another, the Guidi 2" strainers, lovely and solid and all well fitted, hydraulic rams on the cupboards, hinges, all sorts! The availability on CAT parts and support from Finning seems awesome so far also.

Awesome…..many congratulations! Defo better than the 39. Different league with those CAT’s on shafts ?

Thank you, I was really concerned initially about the massive CATs and shaft being a killer for fuel economy. However we averaged about 70lph coming back from Poole in a 7.5hr trip. This is the same if not better than the 200-240hp smaller outdrive boats we were looking at. We've done another 7-8 hours since arriving back and refuelling and the tank still looks between half and three quarters, I'll know more at the next refill but so far so good. On the way back from Poole, the engines never exceeded 80-82 degrees, not once, even with the odd bursts of 31 knots (she cruises happily at 22-24 knots 2200-2400rpm). The M39 on Yamaha's had the temp running off towards just below the 100 mark at similar speeds.

I was in Granville dock last month and saw you come in a few times ... the engines “ thrump “ sounded great ... lovely boat ..

Well well, what a small world. Are you based there or visiting? We've only been out a few times so far ;) Still trying to perfect the docking! Fortunately we have a nice large berth with a skinny neighbour. Please do introduce yourself if you see me, would be nice to put a face to the name!!

Thanks again all,
Nito

Mr Googler

Visit site
That’s the problem with being on a boat forum….it’s all drama and tails of disaster!

Many boats run fine…..without issue…..who knew! ??

Cavalierbond

Visit site
Well well, what a small world. Are you based there or visiting? We've only been out a few times so far ;) Still trying to perfect the docking! Fortunately we have a nice large berth with a skinny neighbour. Please do introduce yourself if you see me, would be nice to put a face to the name

we limped in due to blocked engine filter on way to Brighton ..

had a nice couple of days awaiting costal rides opening for parts

nice marina and sea front in Dover .. never knew it was like that ...