CHUCKADUCKS BIG DAY OUT return of the gremlins

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
after the horrific creatures from the deep come from the depths at Thames Ditton

swmboMedium-1.jpg

we say farewell to fellow forumite Elessar and his crew

ybwMedium.jpg

Not long after our friend Paul phones, he has just got back from France and wants to meet so we up anchor and meet with him and les at the Boaters in Kingston

By this time Swmbo has had too much sun and is hiding under a towel Paul and les come onboard and we go for a small trip

paulMedium.jpg

Les Frightens a Spider !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif or is it the other way round ?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

lesMedium.jpg

Up until now it has been a nice day my worries about the reliability have gone and our leisurely trip with Paul and Les are a good end to the day before returning to Isleworth

Oh I wish !

Just then the gremlins returned the engine started losing power and promptly stopped !

off comes the cover and off comes the air filter I pump the throttle and no petrol there !

with a bit of coaxing etc I manage to get the b*****y thing to start and get down to the boaters to drop our passengers off

We continue down towards teddington with the engine still cutting out at Teddington we manage to get through ok but as we leave the engine cuts out again at this point we were spotted by another forumite with our paddles etc

I get her started again and just manage to get down to Isleworth as we turn in to moor up the engine cuts out and to my horror the starter motor ( recently reconditioned ) Packs up so it is only with furious paddling by Miniskip and swmbo that we just get to our mooring.

So ........................................

Now it doesnt look like we will be out for a while ( yep breathe a sigh of relief /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Luckily I have a spare starter and carb but the carb is an unknown , will keep you posted

pheran

Visit site
Its a pleasure to read this update Chucky. Well almost. Are you posting pix that are too big or is my screen too small. Whatever, its a bit of a PITA! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sammo

Visit site
Great post chucky….as always ….Hope you get the engine sorted soon now the decent weather has at last arrived.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Yep typical was planning a trip to the thames barrier

Although I have the bits the carb was dirty so until I fit it I wont know

I will be going down to start work this Abo and will let you all know how it goes