Giblets - 2
Mudisox - 2
Topcat47 - Snark - 2
PaulMcC - Zappa - 2
Wizard - Eve - 2
Tidewaiter - Tring II - 2to 4
BobE - Allegretto - 3

Probable total circa 46 people

Just for everyones info I am currently in Cherbourg and their new facilities are among the best. No charge for the shower now.

I was asked about discounts. A number of organisations have enjoyed discounts including organised rally's and cruises etc. The discount is to only charge for 2 grades of boat length lower than your actual length. I send a list of participating boats to the marina but remember to ask for your discount when paying and refer the marina to the list.

For anyone that can't make it but is going to SIBS that weekend say hi to Magali who is at SIBS to promote Port Chentereyne, Cherbourg Marina. Magali is a good person to know as in addition to being attractive she speaks excellent English and has been very helpful regarding the Scuttlebutt Cruise. Now that many will know that Magali will not be attending the Scuttlebutt Cherbourg pontoon wine and nibbles gathering but will be at SIBS I will expect a few cancellations!!

Angele

Visit site
I'm currently down as "2 to 5". Although I am still only 2 confirmed (me plus one other), it could well be 4 of us. For now, put me down as 3 on the basis, I assume, that it is less material if the numbers only change by one (either one up or one down).

I should have a better idea in about a week of the final number.

I have your Yahoo email address from 2012, so I'll send you my details.

Last edited:

prv

Visit site
I'm currently down as "2 to 5". Although I am still only 2 confirmed (me plus one other), it could well be 4 of us. For now, put me down as 3 on the basis, I assume, that it is less material if the numbers only change by one (either one up or one down).

Probably best to put in the maximum likely number, otherwise someone might find themselves without dinner. It's generally individual elegantly-assembled plates, not the sort of bulk stuff that can easily be shared out a bit further at short notice. When we were there last year and the weather meant that our pre-booked 50-odd people in fact became 11 odd people, there was no apparent ill-feeling and certainly no attempt to recover any cost for the unneeded extras. So I don't imagine a spare place or two will cause complaint.

Pete

Angele

Visit site
Probably best to put in the maximum likely number, otherwise someone might find themselves without dinner. It's generally individual elegantly-assembled plates, not the sort of bulk stuff that can easily be shared out a bit further at short notice. When we were there last year and the weather meant that our pre-booked 50-odd people in fact became 11 odd people, there was no apparent ill-feeling and certainly no attempt to recover any cost for the unneeded extras. So I don't imagine a spare place or two will cause complaint.

Pete

Quite. I was working on the assumption that there will always be a few "no shows" - like me 2 years ago, thanks to fog and a loose connection between radar and display. Anyhow, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I should be able to go firm on numbers in a week or so.

Looking forward to stocking up on Bin 29 again. It is less than a month since I returned from the CI via Cherbourg, but my stock of wine is already diminishing at an alarming rate! :eek:

Sailfree

Visit site
We always sent the probable number of diners to the YC the week before but always subject to final confirmation by 15.00 on the Saturday.

Parkstone YC are going the same weekend - about 25 for wine tasting I am advised - but they dine elsewhere. PYC have booked the wine tasting for 11.30 though. Hence I booked wine tasting for 13.00 for scuttlebutt. Discount is usually only given for larger orders but by going as a group everyone gets 8% discount.

Normandie wines have asked me for an indication of likely numbers for the wine tasting - are you interested? No obligation to buy anything. To my surprise i have found some wine boxes in France quite acceptable (I am more of a wine drinker than connoisseur). One advantage of the Normandie wine tasting is to try the wine boxes. this summer I have bought acceptible boxes of Savignon wine in both Carrafour and Intermarche but the Super U one is grim IMHO!!

Last edited:

Fergus

Visit site
Aged Mum's op now postponed by ten days so never look back is on the list again! Hope the weather gods are feeling kind!

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
Tringa II is out this year(again!), Crew shortage; our younger son and girlfriend are off to Rennes to visit his cousin that weekend, our eldest son is surfing in Portugal , our currently boatless friends are Fred Olsen'ing the Baltic. I dunno, where's the Pressgang when you need them?:(
SWMBO doesn't want to get stuck in France if weather turns bad, and just us two, as we have a few commitments in following week.

So SWMBO suggests we go on the Club SIBS Rally to Cowes and visit SIBS instead that weekend via Redjet.
Oh well, a few beers, check out some expensive toys we don't need/can't afford, buy some odds and ends,get a few quotes for replacements/needful upgrades, take sore feet back to boats for nibbles and drinks, and a meal in Cowes. "Always look on the bright side of life, dee doo dee doo":courage::courage:
Anyone else going to SIBS that weekend, apart from Maguli of Cherbourg?

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
Tringa II is out this year(again!)

You could always come on your own ;)

Very tempting, but have done an effective solo or two X-Manche, usually due seasickness, and these days, I'm so knackered after 12 hrs straight solo, I just kip for most of the next day. Getting old:(
Besides, going round SIBS instead, with SWMBO guiltily realising we haven't even got out of the Solent, let alone to France this year, could be useful(nudge, nudge, wink, wink, it's a ill wind..., look at that mainsail show offer, Dear, etc););)

Fergus

Visit site
Menu for dinner on Saturday. I thought we should stay with the tried and tested, i.e.;
Kir aperitif
Pâté with onion chutney
Duck with mustard sauce
Cheese
Apple tart with ice cream
Coffee
1/3 bottle wine pp

Ok with everyone? Price tbc but less than eur30

Talulah

Visit site
Menu for dinner on Saturday. I thought we should stay with the tried and tested, i.e.;
Kir aperitif
Pâté with onion chutney
Duck with mustard sauce
Cheese
Coffee
1/3 bottle wine pp

Sounds good to me.

jamieo

Visit site
I'd love to join this but unfortunately I'm moving house so won't be able to make it.

Does anyone care to share their passage plans? I've never skippered across the channel yet so interested to learn from how others are thinking about it, particularly the timings.

Cheers
Jamie

Pinnacle

Visit site
Kir aperitif
Pâté with onion chutney
Duck with mustard sauce
Cheese
Coffee
1/3 bottle wine pp

Sounds good to me.

RadiumRob

Visit site
We're planning a trip to Braye that weekend (from Portland) but if the crew agree may decide to head to Cherbourg instead. When would we need to commit if we were to join you?

Pinnacle

Visit site
We're planning a trip to Braye that weekend (from Portland) but if the crew agree may decide to head to Cherbourg instead. When would we need to commit if we were to join you?

Oooooh........before you think about coming, have you heard about the forfeit that first-timers have to undergo?:D