Boat apparently not mine and all belongings stolen in Valencia De Marina, Spain

Lillym4y

Visit site
My story:

I ‘have’ a boat in La Marina De Valencia, my boat has been there for over a year and up for sale for nearly a year. I nearly sold my boat to a man at the end of October 2022 who after 5 visits to the boat, paid the deposit and then refused to pay the rest. The contract was the void and the Marina staff were informed via email that he is not the owner of the boat, did not pay for the boat and that he is prohibited from entering my boat. Email sent on 01/11/2022

I then had multiple people go to view the boat, the marina staff were informed via email every time someone was viewing. One being 11/11/2022 (email sent 10 days after the Marina knew the previous sale did not complete)

Fast forward to 15/02/2023 we sell the boat to a couple they paid the amount in full; the marina was informed, and the Marina asked to send the contract. The contract was then sent over, and the new owners went to the boat.

Upon arrival they are told that the boat they had brought they will not be happy with as someone (the previous buyer who refused to pay the full amount for the boat) has been living on the boat since November and about a week ago had taken everything off the boat of value!

This is the FRIST time I had been informed about this, not by the Marina staff but by the couple who brought the boat, the marina would then not let them onto the boat as apparently, they thought the man was the owner! We then transferred funds back to the couple and the contract was then void.

I have been trying to get answers from the Marina but have had no luck. I keep getting told ‘emails will be forwarded to our legal department’ ?? But what about MY boat?!?

I want to know HOW a man was not only living on my boat but was able to steal everything when the contract was void and he was prohibited to enter (all email evidence)

I want to know WHY the Marina did not inform me on this every time I emailed to say someone is coming to VIEW the boat as it was up for sale!

I want to know WHY I have been receiving invoices for the Marina mooring (mooring period September 2022 – March 2023) and HOW that could possibly be someone else boat if the invoices are sent to me!

I want to know WHAT would have happened if I (23-year-old female) went to visit MY boat and there was a random man on there! What could have happened!!!! I do not live in Spain, I live in the UK, I thought Valencia Marina was supposed to be secure and trustworthy! Clearly not!

I am now turning to the news/social media/Forums as I have no other options left.
1. the Marina are not doing ANYTHING about my boat? What about all my belonging that were stolen when you need a key card to access the boats!!!!
2. no one else should ever have to go through this, I need to make people aware that La Marina De Valencia do not care about your boat and will do nothing if they mess up! They cannot keep a boat safe, they will happily reply with ‘we remain at your disposal’ but not inform you about the wellbeing of your boat and then turn around and say the boat is not yours it is someone else’s even after all the email evidence!!!!! Something corrupt is defiantly going on as how can someone possibly be the owner of a boat with a VOID contract, the mooring invoiced still being sent to me, the boat is still registered to me and is still insured by me! – I have no idea how this could possibly happen!

Please help me get this story out there as like I said I do not live in Spain and do not know what else to do, hopefully this will get the Marina ‘s attention to do something about it.

If anyone has any advice please let me know :)

Binnacle

Visit site
This sounds dreadful, and I hope it all turns out in your favour.

From previous, not dissimilar events, it is perhaps best to avoid stirring the hornets' nest before you have given the marina a chance to explain WTF has happened. Can you hang back from going wild on social media for 24 hours, and see if any of our regular contacts in the region can throw light on the situation or offer direct advice.

You seem to have kept the email trail under control, which will be very useful, but if there have been shenanigans within the marina, then a steady approach is likely to generate some cooperation.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
You need to get on a plane go to the Police file a report, then take the police report to your insurance, as a none resident I don't know if you will be able to denounce the marina or the occupier, talk to a lawyer.
Sorry for your bad luck.

veshengro

Visit site
This is not a trick question..Do you know for certain who owns the Marina? Not who staffs it, but who the real owners are? An increasing number of Spanish Marinas are Russian owned, certainly South of Cartagena, and I'm speaking of 10 years or so ago. It may clarify your problems if you and your Insurance Company know exactly with whom you are actually dealing.
I only mention that because I knew someone who thought they owned a Cafe/Bar in Fuengirola...

sailadventure

Visit site
My story:

I ‘have’ a boat in La Marina De Valencia, my boat has been there for over a year and up for sale for nearly a year. I nearly sold my boat to a man at the end of October 2022 who after 5 visits to the boat, paid the deposit and then refused to pay the rest. The contract was the void and the Marina staff were informed via email that he is not the owner of the boat, did not pay for the boat and that he is prohibited from entering my boat. Email sent on 01/11/2022

I then had multiple people go to view the boat, the marina staff were informed via email every time someone was viewing. One being 11/11/2022 (email sent 10 days after the Marina knew the previous sale did not complete)

Fast forward to 15/02/2023 we sell the boat to a couple they paid the amount in full; the marina was informed, and the Marina asked to send the contract. The contract was then sent over, and the new owners went to the boat.

Upon arrival they are told that the boat they had brought they will not be happy with as someone (the previous buyer who refused to pay the full amount for the boat) has been living on the boat since November and about a week ago had taken everything off the boat of value!

This is the FRIST time I had been informed about this, not by the Marina staff but by the couple who brought the boat, the marina would then not let them onto the boat as apparently, they thought the man was the owner! We then transferred funds back to the couple and the contract was then void.

I have been trying to get answers from the Marina but have had no luck. I keep getting told ‘emails will be forwarded to our legal department’ ?? But what about MY boat?!?

I want to know HOW a man was not only living on my boat but was able to steal everything when the contract was void and he was prohibited to enter (all email evidence)

I want to know WHY the Marina did not inform me on this every time I emailed to say someone is coming to VIEW the boat as it was up for sale!

I want to know WHY I have been receiving invoices for the Marina mooring (mooring period September 2022 – March 2023) and HOW that could possibly be someone else boat if the invoices are sent to me!

I want to know WHAT would have happened if I (23-year-old female) went to visit MY boat and there was a random man on there! What could have happened!!!! I do not live in Spain, I live in the UK, I thought Valencia Marina was supposed to be secure and trustworthy! Clearly not!

I am now turning to the news/social media/Forums as I have no other options left.
1. the Marina are not doing ANYTHING about my boat? What about all my belonging that were stolen when you need a key card to access the boats!!!!
2. no one else should ever have to go through this, I need to make people aware that La Marina De Valencia do not care about your boat and will do nothing if they mess up! They cannot keep a boat safe, they will happily reply with ‘we remain at your disposal’ but not inform you about the wellbeing of your boat and then turn around and say the boat is not yours it is someone else’s even after all the email evidence!!!!! Something corrupt is defiantly going on as how can someone possibly be the owner of a boat with a VOID contract, the mooring invoiced still being sent to me, the boat is still registered to me and is still insured by me! – I have no idea how this could possibly happen!

Please help me get this story out there as like I said I do not live in Spain and do not know what else to do, hopefully this will get the Marina ‘s attention to do something about it.

hi this happend also to me that a person went to sleep on my boat , and could not be trusted , i sold the boat , we are looking for a boat in valencia . and we can be there in a day but how about the person that went on your boat what to do with him .we buy your discomfort cheap if you want sailadventure

Steetson

N/A
Visit site
My story:

>If I went to my boat here(US) and there was other man living there, I would sure as hell hold him at gunpoint till police arrives(usually I'm carrying G43x+ alien gear holsters from Alien Gear )

Any updates on this story? Did you sue the Marina?