Are your Berthing fee renewal demands due?

Capt Popeye

Visit site
At Teignmouth it was a staggering 20% increase.
With swinging increases like that sailing will revert back to the sport of the very wealthy and lose a many of us who just manage to fund their hobby.

Yes my Moorings in Teignmouth Harbour have all gone up , appreciably ; so I have now decided to locate to River Dart on a pontoon mooring , as I am of such an age that getting on /off any boat is much easier /safer from a pontoon , rather that a dinghy ; Teign Harbour do not offer pontoon moorings , except for those in mid channel , non of the Teign river Boatyards offer a pontoon mooring , its either a Swinging or Fore n Aft mooring ; must say that the boating facilities are pretty dire on the Teign , which is a great pity , as its quite a quiet scenic river , but of course that Shaldon bridge restricts boats with masts ; never ever seen the opening Bridge open , except for maintenance

Will be very interesting to see if the increase in Harbour Fees effect the number of present boats renewing their berths ?

Daydream believer

Visit site
Our fairways mooring fees are staying the same. The sailing club fees have gone up by 5% after a revolt at the AGM, where management proposed 10% & it was turned down by members.
Deep water mooring fees £125PA for up to 30 ft & £140 for over 30 ft . Supply your own gear, to our spec, ( which I can sell & lay for you to save hassle).
Excuse the advertising but it is for the benefit of sailors
St Lawrence Bay

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Our fairways mooring fees are staying the same. The sailing club fees have gone up by 5% after a revolt at the AGM, where management proposed 10% & it was turned down by members.
Deep water mooring fees £125PA for up to 30 ft & £140 for over 30 ft . Supply your own gear, to our spec, ( which I can sell & lay for you to save hassle).
St Lawrence Bay

Well it sounds all 'fair n share' like, so cummon , which Essex river are you talking about ?

Blueboatman

Visit site
I wonder if paying by credit card would cover you ?

Any solicitors about ?
That was the gamble with Premier when offered . Debit card only and ?the company cash flow would survive .
It did , obv.
otoh if you don’t payahead , and you aren’t like every other desperate investor looking for the next easy ‘thing’ your money is just depreciating whilst next year chances are the marina Co will be putting their prices up . A double oh oh ?
St Lawrence Bay
that sounds fantastic
Run by sailors for sailors . Exactly as it should be , a clubbing together

Bobc

Visit site
Yes my Moorings in Teignmouth Harbour have all gone up , appreciably ; so I have now decided to locate to River Dart on a pontoon mooring , as I am of such an age that getting on /off any boat is much easier /safer from a pontoon , rather that a dinghy ; Teign Harbour do not offer pontoon moorings , except for those in mid channel , non of the Teign river Boatyards offer a pontoon mooring , its either a Swinging or Fore n Aft mooring ; must say that the boating facilities are pretty dire on the Teign , which is a great pity , as its quite a quiet scenic river , but of course that Shaldon bridge restricts boats with masts ; never ever seen the opening Bridge open , except for maintenance

Will be very interesting to see if the increase in Harbour Fees effect the number of present boats renewing their berths ?
I thought there was a waiting list for pontoon berths in the Dart.

wombat88

Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if I get a 10% increase at our marina. I get the impression that everything is going up by 10%...

lustyd

Visit site
I think we just have to keep in mind that in reality they aren’t putting the fees up, it’s just that the currency is worth less (or worthless, I’m never entirely sure these days). Mine were paid with money that was in USD accounts so I think we’re actually cheaper than last year overall

Momac

Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if the covid chicken comes home to roost.

All those that, in my opinion, complained about mooring fees coz they couldn't use their boats due to a global pandemic, may find marina operators will claw back the dosh.

Hope I'm wrong......

The marina where I keep my boat didn't refund a penny due to Covid lockdown. Nor was access to the boat restricted by the marina. But of course people could not travel due to government rules. Some folks did ignore the lockdown rules.

In my case marina fee renewal time is July. But I believe the rates are reviewed in April.
The start date of annual contracts is whichever month you happened to first take out a mooring contract.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
I thought there was a waiting list for pontoon berths in the Dart.

Yes thats what I have found over the last few years ; uncertain waiting lists ; I was lucky , I bougth a boat already on the Pontoons , on the understanding that I could use this years already 'paid up' then pay for next year , 2023 , oh lucky ole me , I am thinking ?

Bobc

Visit site
Yes thats what I have found over the last few years ; uncertain waiting lists ; I was lucky , I bougth a boat already on the Pontoons , on the understanding that I could use this years already 'paid up' then pay for next year , 2023 , oh lucky ole me , I am thinking ?
My mate lives in Dartmouth but has his boat in Brixham and wants to move it to Dart. He is considering buying a boat on one of the moorings and then selling it (at a loss) just to get the mooring. Madness, but then £80k for a garage to park your car in is also madness.

srm

Visit site
I pay annual fees in Oct at the local resident rate. Marina is owned and run by the municipality. I think it was last year that the price went down due to the island's govt reducing vat though the marina rate stayed the same. There was probably a slight increase this year, but not really noticeable as still just under 1000 euro/yr (on 35 ft registered length, UK marinas would measure at nearer 40ft with bowsprit and windvane gear). This includes electricity and water on the pontoon and a waste disposal charge. I do have to pay a boat tax based on engine size and light dues, but still a lot less than most UK marinas. When I first came here my charges were comparable to Orkney Marinas rate for island residents.