Any idea what this is?

newWave

kidsvandamme.com
No clue here but I suggest the following : let some scant clad babe hold it, take a picture, send to Jack and have it posted in spot the boat.
This might turn up some surprising results ;)

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Where did she come from? Could it be something like a lock gate key left over from her previous life

No, locks always use an angled shaft rather than holes into which pins fit. If a pin sheared off it would be too hard to fix (remembering how many different people use the locks).

I suspect it's going to be connected to the stabilisers.

Henry :)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I can't believe this thread got into last nights dreams......

if you don't have any davits that it could be, passarelle?

Hi Duncan, long time no see, I've still got that cool box in the garage.........

No passarelle, nothing to do with locks and lock gates, still suspect it's stabiliser related.

Sweet dreams!:)

septiclecky

Visit site
IMG_0249_zps2857ee55.jpg

It came with the boat, stored in the engine room, but neither myself or any mechanics I've asked have any idea what it is. It's about 2' long and the main part is extremely heavy. The prongs are about 2" apart.

Any suggestions?

What ever it is used for it can't be used for something which needs alot of force when moving looking by the size of the pins and the angle off the handle

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
IMG_0249_zps2857ee55.jpg

It came with the boat, stored in the engine room, but neither myself or any mechanics I've asked have any idea what it is. It's about 2' long and the main part is extremely heavy. The prongs are about 2" apart.

Any suggestions?

This has been puzzling me for quite some time, I seem to remember having something similar on a trawler yacht I used to go on frequently. It was called a Clipper 30 - The emergency rudder keeps coming back to me, even if it was just to open the hatch?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
This has been puzzling me for quite some time, I seem to remember having something similar on a trawler yacht I used to go on frequently. It was called a Clipper 30 - The emergency rudder keeps coming back to me, even if it was just to open the hatch?

Stuck in traffic on the way to the boat, will have another look.

Sandy Bottom

Visit site
Like Richard (Shead) I have also used one of these albeit a long time ago and it's bugging me that I cannot remember what for - you don't have one of those spring 'emergency engine starters' do you?

No Regrets

Visit site
Is it a tool to secure the crank rotation while you tighten the nut on the rear crankshaft flange, or prop shaft?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
IMG_0264_zps6c83bbdc.jpg

Another close up of the business end. Approx 2.25" between the prongs, the centre diameter is 1.5" and it's 2" deep. The prongs protrude by about 0.75"

It doesn't undo the deck plate for the emergency rudder (that's only 2 holes), doesn't fit anywhere on the engine, although it's the same colour as the stabilisers there's nowhere it can possibly fit, and it's not the manual winch handle for the dinghy crane.

So any more ideas. I'm completely stumped! :confused: It must have some use..............