Whisker poles

Cloona

Visit site
i am looking for a couple of whisker poles for my jib and genoa - about 6 - 8 ft -

any suggested suppliers

sarabande

Visit site
EU regulations prevent the addition of personal criteria such as height and beardedness to job adverts for Eastern European migrant workers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VicS

Visit site
just a suggestion compass24.com do a range of telescopic whisker poles. There is one that adjusts from 2m to 3.8m. a smaller one and two larger ones.

You fould find similar from other mail order chandleries and fittings makers

G

[ QUOTE ]
i am looking for a couple of whisker poles for my jib and genoa - about 6 - 8 ft -

any suggested suppliers

[/ QUOTE ]

Seateach ... my Forespar extendable job does my 25ft sail job nicely ... your 6 - 8ft is actually quite short ... my WP is longer than that and was 135 quid over counter .... and a good bit of kit as well ...

Stemar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hundreds of pounds ???

These are just sticks we are talking about??

So tight I squeek when I walk.

[/ QUOTE ]Ah, but these are MARINE sticks with MARINE fittings on the end.

Stop complaining. If the label says medical it's even worse*. I just ordered 4 batterires for defibrillators on our ambulances 4.2AH lithium battery - use it up and throw it away - a snip at £110 a lump. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif And you wondered why the NHS has financial problems?

As someone who's probably tighter than you - assuming that's possible, I'll accept just as tight if not, one solution for smaller boats is to go to a windsurfing club and find a discarded wind surfer mast. Cut to length, add a couple of snap shackles and a bit of epoxy - job done!

*Likwise aviation. I dread to thing what you'd pay for a £1 (sensible price) item for a flying doctor on a flying boat...

G

[ QUOTE ]
Hundreds of pounds ???

These are just sticks we are talking about??

So tight I squeek when I walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blimey - we in competition then - I am well known NOT to spend ! People called out the Emergency Services when I bought the pole !

OK - another avenue - B&Q or DoItAll ..... telscopic paint roller pole .... dunno how long it'all last though.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Sanity at last ! - I love you all! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got there in the end !! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Topcat47

Visit site
I have a B&Q extendable window cleaning pole with a home made end fitting. A hole through the handle and some 3mm codline is all I need to hole it in place against the mast. It works fine. Total cost <£20.00. Bugger SS boat fittings.