Where to get new steering wheel?

pvb

Visit site
Lewmar have a big range of wheels, check their website. You need to know the spec of the shaft on your pedestal before buying.

michael_w

Visit site
Bit of Fred Drift.
I've got a 36' Whitlock/Lewmar wheel, which is slightly dished. I'd like a 40/44' flat one, so SWMBO can sit on the cockpit coaming and reach the wheel.

Swap anyone?

Quandary

Visit site
Go to Jefa's website, they have single spoke, twin spoke, steel rim, leather rim, quick release, hub adapters, etc. etc. any diameter you can think off, all clearly priced (in Euro's). I got a twin spoke 1500 dia. with reindeer hide from them a few years back, they did make a bit of a hames of the delivery (via DFDS) but are one of the most helpful companies you could ever deal with. Their website is worth visiting as an example of a company designing and making quality marine steering products from rudders to autopilots, loads of interesting information and everything priced. Always willing to communicate with their customers by phone or email.

Resolution

Visit site
In 2014 I got a replacement hide-covered Edson 44" dished destroyer wheel. Their UK agents are Diverse Yachts in Hamble. Lovely item, but it did cost about £600.
And it did go into Easyjet ordinary check-in luggage!
Peter