whats happend to onkudu

Visit site
Kudu is now at Preston, Nathan unfortunatley ran out of money i read somewhere, think it was on his site, darn shame he was doing brill too, and made a fantastically entertaining video series on youtube. Nick Lancaster brought her down on one of his trailers i believe. Nathan is a memeber here anyway so its only a matter of time before he see's this and i'm sure will answer your post.

helixkimara

Visit site
On Kudu

Yes I enjoyed Nathan's u tube, I think the last one I saw was No 15. Enjoyed the music too.
Well done Nathan.

Now I've ran out of Nathans U Tube and read Roger Taylors book again (much more meaningful after the JAC 08) looking for something else to read / watch.
Regards
Malcome

ninky

Visit site
it seemed nathan suffered damage with the gooseneck shearing of the mast and with no funds to repair it was a final nail in the coffin to the trip. last sounded like he was looking for gainful employment back in london. i'm just reading roger taylor's book too (in fact i'm halfway through it and only just got my hands on it last night after a weekend back from the boat). although two completely different people, i can't help contrasting the ease with which roger got gainful employment even in a foreign country - nz (guessing the visa regs were a lot more lax then?) that gave him more than adequate funds and also allowed him to work on his boat, plus the ready camaraderie of people willing to help out for free with the difficulties of lack of work, long working hours, bureaucracy and absence of available helpers (not necessarily because they don't want to help but because everyone seems to be so much more of a wage slave these days) faced by someone like nathan.

can't help wishing i was born in the baby boom generation.......maybe i'm just on a bit of a downer at the moment.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
i can't help contrasting the ease with which roger got gainful employment even in a foreign country - nz (guessing the visa regs were a lot more lax then?) that gave him more than adequate funds and also allowed him to work on his boat, plus the ready camaraderie of people willing to help out for free with the difficulties of lack of work, long working hours, bureaucracy and absence of available helpers (not necessarily because they don't want to help but because everyone seems to be so much more of a wage slave these days) faced by someone like nathan.

I disagree, unless I have misunderstood what you have said!! I think Nathan would be the first to say what a lot of support (in terms of practical help rather than cash) he did have from others as he was passing by. I lent him a towed log when he was having instrument problems and he will be returing it to me in Plymouth at the Jester Azores 2012 start line.

nathanlee

Visit site
Hi folks,

I've only just seen this thread.

Peter, no sir, I'm so sorry about that. I'll get it posted to you. I must admit I totally forgot about the log. It's safe and well in my stern locker. Can you PM your address please?

As for the trip ending, sadly yes. As mentioned above, I ran out of money... well, bit more than ran out, I owe a lot, and the boat kept breaking. The last straw was upon leaving Stonehaven, a 30 knot gust took out the gooseneck and we limped back in. With a gloomy long distant forecast I had to make the choice to call it a day. Every week I was still on the boat and not working was putting me further and further in to the red, and I just could no longer carry on.

A sad way to end it, but c'est la vie.

I need to get around to producing the last video to end it all, but I'm so snowed under with work at the moment, trying desperately to pay back all the money so I can move on. Kudu is in a sad state in Preston docks at the moment with no rig.

I'm still living on her :)

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
Hi folks,

I've only just seen this thread.

Peter, no sir, I'm so sorry about that. I'll get it posted to you. I must admit I totally forgot about the log. It's safe and well in my stern locker. Can you PM your address please?

As for the trip ending, sadly yes. As mentioned above, I ran out of money... well, bit more than ran out, I owe a lot, and the boat kept breaking. The last straw was upon leaving Stonehaven, a 30 knot gust took out the gooseneck and we limped back in. With a gloomy long distant forecast I had to make the choice to call it a day. Every week I was still on the boat and not working was putting me further and further in to the red, and I just could no longer carry on.

A sad way to end it, but c'est la vie.

I need to get around to producing the last video to end it all, but I'm so snowed under with work at the moment, trying desperately to pay back all the money so I can move on. Kudu is in a sad state in Preston docks at the moment with no rig.

I'm still living on her :)

Keep yer pecker up Nathan, your a better man than me for doing what you have done so far in that little boat of yours and on a shoe string.
Take a look at Nathans website guys and gals and especially take a look into the advert of the Blackberry ad' you'll be impressed, won't they Nathan?