What engine have I got

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
I have recently bought a canal boat in Kent and need to get a manuel for the engine but no where does the engine have a plate on it to tell me what engine it is. All I can see is it has a bowman heat exchange on the top,
Does anyone recognise the engine from the pictures

Attachments

• B5B3F409-ABA6-4A29-9FF9-7DEA98612951.jpeg
    B5B3F409-ABA6-4A29-9FF9-7DEA98612951.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 5B09E2CC-453F-4772-9C8E-A5AE68CB3697.jpeg
    5B09E2CC-453F-4772-9C8E-A5AE68CB3697.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 159

Refueler

Visit site
Land rover produced their own diesels. Over a million of the 200&300tdi engines were made. I don't think they ever used Perkins but happy to be proved wrong

I'm talking PROPER LR's .... Series 2 .. 2A ... etc ... they had 2.25 Petrol ... the larger diesel was a Perkins and was advised to have 4WD engaged all time to absorb the torque ..

I was a LR owner for years long before getting my Range Rover ...

Refueler

Visit site
The BMW / Ford days were way later than the Perkins days ... you have to remember that Perkins were suppliers to many brands and also MOD ... the older LR's were a mainstay of the MOD ...
When the later Series 3 came about LR had already started producing their own based on the BMC / Perkins units .. and they got further developed into the Defenders and of course Discovery's.
Early RR's borrowed from the range and the larger 3.5 Rover .. until the revamp of the second version model ...

My 2012 RR is the JLR version of the BMW 4.4 TDV8 ... and the interior is the Ford based VOGUE SE late face lift L322 ...

geem

Visit site
I'm talking PROPER LR's .... Series 2 .. 2A ... etc ... they had 2.25 Petrol ... the larger diesel was a Perkins and was advised to have 4WD engaged all time to absorb the torque ..

I was a LR owner for years long before getting my Range Rover ...
I owned a series 2A as well. We converted it to a 3.5L V8. Fitted power steering and won our class in the AWDC national trial championships.
We also used to trial a series 1 , 2.0L no power steering and not much in the way of brakes. The wire spoked steering wheel used to try and chop your thumb off.
Which model got a Perkins from the factory? Never heard of Perkins as a factory option. Loads of people retro fitted them. They used to blow diffs for fun but never a Land Rover supplied engine as far as I know. What year? What model? What engine?

Refueler

Visit site
Geem .... go deeper into rebadging ..... Perkins was supplier of no-label engines to many ... usually in kit-box form .....

Even the humble black cab was supplied rebadged Perkins ... which was basically the 4-99 / 4.107 for ages ...

TBH - doesn't bother me one iota whether you accept my version or not ... grew up with them ... along with many other engines / tractors etc.