wanted: new balls please

Fox Morgan

Visit site
It has come to my attention that I appear to be lacking in the sailing companion department.
I'm told I should probably have one of these.

This isn't in the racing regs as such, but I guess it must be part of the wider inventory every yachtsperson is expected to have.
So here I am, shopping.

What I'm looking for:
Athletic,
I'm not looking for Kelly Holmes/Daniel Craig levels of buff or athletic (though it is desirable) but someone who can fit through the door both forwards or backwards and doesn't break the step. Someone who can move from chart table to helm in less than 5 seconds is a must.
I WILL be timing you.

Robust,
I swear a lot. the stench from my guts could gag a maggot if fed the wrong food and after a few days unwashed at sea you might wonder if the smell is that of a rotting fish. I'm not a delicate flower. Thusly, the sailing companion needs a fairly sturdy set of nostrils and capacity to resist punching me every morning when I instinctively and automatically tell anyone near me to "f*&k off" before opening both eyes.
wet wipes will be provided. you may wish to bring your own febreeze.

Must like dogs,
The ships dog will be the judge of that
You will be tested

Good sense of humour,
I will be the judge of that.
You will be tested

Semi decent cook
I'm good at cakes but someone who can make savoury dishes taste greater than the sum of their sausage beans and mash components is highly desirable. When I make sausage beans and mash, it tastes like sausage beans and mash. I want someone who can make that taste like a sumptious sechuan or kung po, or massalla, or rendang, or yeah please, someone cook me something orgasmic

Physical attributes,
any hair colour, any height, any gender considered.

Whilst I dream of being a Cougar, I realise this may be limiting myself somewhat. So I'll consider anyone who's currently got a pulse.

you can read a little of what happened to the last sailing companion here
http://www.boogie-nights.org/2015/10/dont-stop-me-now.html

Aardee

Visit site
Oooooooo kay...Let me just check I'm reading this right.

Your cooking is "adequate"
You belch, fart, and get a bit whiffy after a few days at sea
You're not too picky about looks or age
You don't do mornings
The ships dog is part of the "selection committee"

I'm in love...:)

Fox Morgan

Visit site
I'm really quite good with the cakes. I've got that.

Obviously it should go without saying that I am slightly picky about looks. I am looking for a human companion, so they must look reasonably human. (race regs do not permit non-humans)

John the kiwi

Visit site
It
I swear a lot. the stench from my guts could gag a maggot if fed the wrong food and after a few days unwashed at sea you might wonder if the smell is that of a rotting fish. I'm not a delicate flower. Thusly, the sailing companion needs a fairly sturdy set of nostrils and capacity to resist punching me every morning when I instinctively and automatically tell anyone near me to "f*&k off" before opening both eyes.

Is that you, using an pseudonym, my darling wife?

Aardee

Visit site
I'm really quite good with the cakes. I've got that.

Obviously it should go without saying that I am slightly picky about looks. I am looking for a human companion, so they must look reasonably human. (race regs do not permit non-humans)

You had me at "cake" :encouragement:

PS: I'm human enough for most race committees (OK, there's been the odd protest, but a guy's allowed the occasional bad hair day)

Last edited:

Peroo

Visit site
Excellent - if only I wasn't already booked I'd be there in a flash - does sound strangely familiar though apart from the dog bit........hhhmmmmmm........oddly enough SWMBO is on the computer..........dogs haven't been mentioned in the past, but you never know I 'spose.....

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
what an excellent blog

full of great stuff and much creativity

here you will find a picture of the dog

20150830_094611.jpg

the heroine of the piece

20150829_181653.jpg

and of course

the boat

20150829_201048.jpg

goodonyagal

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
thanks. it's been a while since I had a giggle with my blog. more to come though as there's part two to come. the solo crossing to Guernsey and the the return trip along with plenty of other stuff to write about

What's a young looking 25yr old doing without a sailing companion anyway? :cool:

It can't be anything mentioned here or in your blog. ;)
Do you snore?

S.

Keef

Visit site
Sugar Kane, very funny. I just read a couple of posts on your blog, and they're very entertaining. If you're not a professional writer you should be, as your writing is far more entertaining than 99% of articles in sailing mags.

I'd like to go sailing with you sometime. I love dogs (and most of them love me), I can cook savoury stuff quite well, I can sail a bit, I've been told I'm quite funny.

The only fly in the ointment would be the fact that I don't really do cakes, as I don't have much of a sweet tooth. If eating cake is mandatory on board, I'd have to give it a pass.

prv

Visit site
Complete aside but tell me you were joking with the £48 per night at Poole for a 36 footer.

£41 at the Quay according to their website, but I seem to remember the greedy gits wanting extra for electricity, so maybe?

Can certainly understand the frustration at being forced to hole up in an expensive spot by someone who brings Smart Price bacon, doesn't share mooring fees, and buggers off early...

Pete

30boat

N/A
Visit site
Loved your blog.I of course fulfill your requirements being extremely athletic I am!) and a near vegetarian much like yourself.And having looked at your photo I've decided that I'm in love with you.So there!
When do we go?