Victor 3kW inverter charge - getting shore power with the inverter off?

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
Hi, I have a Victron Energy MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 230V, which works OK, except I don't seem to get the Mulltiplus to feed the mains through when the inverter is off.
When I turn the invert off, I hear the relay click, disconnecting the AC.
I'm fairly sure that the Multiplus can be programmed to leave the AC connected, but I can't see anything about that in the installation manual:
https://www.bmstechnologies.co.uk/w...01/Victron-Energy-MultiPlus-3000VA-Manual.pdf
I have the VE interface which allows the Multiplus to be programmed from PC, but I've only used that once when I first installed the system.
When the boat is ashore, it's often convenient to leave the AC on, but have the battery charger switched off, because the LiFePO4 battery are already at 80%.

Can any one point to the instruction on how to do this?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Hi, I have a Victron Energy MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 230V, which works OK, except I don't seem to get the Mulltiplus to feed the mains through when the inverter is off.
When I turn the invert off, I hear the relay click, disconnecting the AC.
I'm fairly sure that the Multiplus can be programmed to leave the AC connected, but I can't see anything about that in the installation manual:
https://www.bmstechnologies.co.uk/w...01/Victron-Energy-MultiPlus-3000VA-Manual.pdf
I have the VE interface which allows the Multiplus to be programmed from PC, but I've only used that once when I first installed the system.
When the boat is ashore, it's often convenient to leave the AC on, but have the battery charger switched off, because the LiFePO4 battery are already at 80%.

Can any one point to the instruction on how to do this?
You cannot have the pass through facility with the Multiplus turned off.

If you don't want the batteries to be on charge you can disable charging using VEConfig. There is a "enable charger" option on the charger tab. That might be a bit inconvenient, so another option would be to set the charging voltages to a low setting.

Another option is a changeover switch to bypass the Multiplus. This type of switch (just an example of type/style) 40 Amp Transfer Switch,Shore-Off-Gen Rotary Switch for RV,Motorhome,Truck,Boat | eBay

One setting routes shore power to the Multiplus, the other bypasses the Multiplus and routes power straight to the consumer unit.

geem

Visit site
You cannot have the pass through facility with the Multiplus turned off.

If you don't want the batteries to be on charge you can disable charging using VEConfig. There is a "enable charger" option on the charger tab. That might be a bit inconvenient, so another option would be to set the charging voltages to a low setting.

Another option is a changeover switch to bypass the Multiplus. This type of switch (just an example of type/style) 40 Amp Transfer Switch,Shore-Off-Gen Rotary Switch for RV,Motorhome,Truck,Boat | eBay

One setting routes shore power to the Multiplus, the other bypasses the Multiplus and routes power straight to the consumer unit.
That is the same switch I use🙂

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
Yes, it does disable power assist, but I'm thinking about the 6 months the boat is ashore and the boat is only using a small amount of AC power, tube heaters and an occasional power tool (although most of mine are battery powered) and an electric kettle for a cup of tea.
I don't want the Lithium batteries continuously on charge.
When the boat is in commission, I rarely go into a marina, but I do use the generator, and already have a change over switch geni/shore. When using the generator the power assist is very useful.