Sea Feather, back in business

wingcommander

Visit site
I can personally confirm Tom and Louise ( new owners) are 100% into making their business a continued success.
I initially contacted Tom early September 2023, was informed by immediate reply that due to takeover and existing orders ,I would be a winter build circa December and asked to confirm if I wished to be put on waiting list . No deposit was requested. As December approached communications via emails continue requesting detailed measurements of the transom with photos to include stern ladders, Chinaspacer exhaust etc. Even over Xmas holidays we communicated with requested measurements for the bracket mounting hole positions.
Into the new year , confirmation received my new late Xmas present is ready to ship. So invoice received monies sent ......now I admit I was a little concerned...New business and all that !!!
My next email from Tom is saying .. as I live less than 2 hours drive he will personally drive at a time to suit me , to hand deliver and answer any questions regarding the install. He would still send via courier if I preferred.

We all know what some delivery services can be like , so this sounds perfect.

So yes I've now met Tom .. a very conscientious and likeable chap. He genuinely seems he's determined to make a go of his new venture.
Its not his main occupation. Just someone with a lot of knowledge and skills to continue to produce a quality product.

So whats it like you ask.. well all these named storms ain't helping
So far I have only had time to install the custom made bracket. This is what all the detailed measurements were requested for.
Simply a work of art in construction. Clears my transom hung rudder. ( my measurements...my fault if it didn't). Plenty of adjustment if required to suit transom shape. Four 12mm bolts and bingo. All fittings and fixtures supplied, including bolts locknut washer. All lines for control, including a continuous loop for remote course alterations. Pair of stand up blocks. Tiller hook and chain section.
Next trip back will involve tightening those mounting bolts (left loose due to sealant). Then mounting the actual wind vane (one bolt)..

Overall very happy with service , product and communication.

PS . was also informed mine is the very first complete build by Tom which may or may not explain his first born protection instinct.

One happy customer.

PhillM

Visit site
Ive also had a chat with Tom. Looking at what is needed to convert mine that was originally built for one boat to work on another. And pottentially offset. I am delighted with the response. I will be looking at this next winter (wan out of time this one) but I am sure that given a steady stream of customers, they will make a go of it.