Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Novice Cruise - Spring 2012

PhillM

Visit site
Back is still playing up but still hoping to get to Yarmouth on Friday. Plan is to sleep on board Thursday night and get an early start Friday. My worry is that I'll only have my 11 year old with me do no backup if the back plays up. But I will just have to rest, wait and see.

lustyd

Visit site
My boat is now fully provisioned and I'm sat at port Solent having a quick pint in the hope it will drive away the cold I've picked up. I hear ale has all sorts of vitamins :)

Moonshining

picnicsintheharbour.blogspot.com
My boat is now fully provisioned and I'm sat at port Solent having a quick pint in the hope it will drive away the cold I've picked up. I hear ale has all sorts of vitamins :)

You're way ahead of us. I've just got down from the attic where I've been trying to find all the stuff that we put up there last year. Still got loads to do tonight so that we can head off early tomorrow.

Simondjuk

Visit site
Back is still playing up but still hoping to get to Yarmouth on Friday. Plan is to sleep on board Thursday night and get an early start Friday. My worry is that I'll only have my 11 year old with me do no backup if the back plays up. But I will just have to rest, wait and see.

Phill, I can happily single hand our boat and the Mrs is a very competent yachtswoman. So if the back goes bad on you, she could hop aboard with you to haul some ropes if need be. We'll be on our way down the Solent to Yarmouth on Friday too, so allay your worries in the knowledge that there will be back-up (pun not intended) not too far away then should it be required, and likewise throughout the weekend.

prv

Visit site
Booger. Just heard my mate's missus is not very well, and they're going to have to call it off.

I'll still be coming though; will have to see if any friends fancy joining me at short notice.

Pete

lustyd

Visit site
I have a couple of knots of tide with me which seems to have taken the wind away. I certainly don't have f3 apparent! 2.6kt wind at deck level.

PhillM

Visit site
Sorry guys but I'm out.

Cannot properly walk this morning, not happy to drive so no way am I going to be fit and able handle the boat.

Thanks for the offers of help but to be honest, I ache so much that it wouldnt be fun. I'm not sure that it would be too safe either, it would only take a stumble to put me back and leave me unable to stand let alone sail, so better to err on the cautious side.

If I'm better I might catch you up on the way back..... but don't hold your breath!

Hope everyone has a good trip.

KINGFISHER 8

Visit site
Sorry guys but I'm out.

Cannot properly walk this morning, not happy to drive so no way am I going to be fit and able handle the boat.

Thanks for the offers of help but to be honest, I ache so much that it wouldnt be fun. I'm not sure that it would be too safe either, it would only take a stumble to put me back and leave me unable to stand let alone sail, so better to err on the cautious side.

If I'm better I might catch you up on the way back..... but don't hold your breath!

Obviously you didn't go to boarding school - never bend down in the shower to pick up the soap ... always kick it somewhere safe before picking it up! Bound to end in tears!

Giblets

Visit site
Have just tied up in East Cowes marina berth Q21. That's in the basin for those in the know.

Motored most of the way but did manage an hours sailing.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Also on A9. Fair sail from Northney to Horse Sand Fort, then motored the rest of the way as wind completely vanished. Pretty cold and miserable here, but great to have got this far.

Natterjack

www.dibbensremovals.co.uk
Sorry guys but I'm out.

Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for your time and effort putting this cruise together, Cheers Dan

prv

Visit site
Four different sailing friends, none could make it at this short notice (even with the option of joining Friday night). So it's just me on me tod then. Please don't troop off to the pub without me :D

Pete