Red Ensign Broker

Irish Rover

Visit site
I just reported it, the forum admins did do their job. It wasn't my data, no, but the person whose data was posted wasn't asked or informed and therefore not here to defend themselves. I'd step in to prevent a stranger getting mugged, and I stepped in here as it's the right thing to do.

This thread is now very far from the scuttlebutt forum boating topics and it's descending into an argument so I'll unwatch. Hopefully admin will move it to the lounge, but I won't report it again
Don Quixote rides again. Good riddance. I can't abide someone who's not man enough to admit when he's wrong.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Must be hell looking in the mirror then. I'm not wrong, as demonstrated by the forum team agreeing that you were out of line. Accept it and move on.
You don't know why the deleted the post, they could be wrong in agreeing with you, it might yet I don't see how contravene forum rules in any case they jumped without giving it any consideration and posting the normal thread under consideration footnote, nor have they commented on it and I rather suspect they won't because as you are demonstrating people rarely willingly accept a sliced of humble pie.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Must be hell looking in the mirror then. I'm not wrong, as demonstrated by the forum team agreeing that you were out of line. Accept it and move on.
So substantiate your allegations that I accused Red Ensign of illegality. Stop ducking and diving.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I mean, you're only missing the button press yourself.
Absolutely not, I have a thick skin so I can take anything that anyone on here would care to dish out to me personally and over and above that I leave the moderators both paid and seconded from the forum to do their jobs without input from me.

I have as you probably know or are aware of not infrequent communication with the moderators albeit a little one sided, recently I was censored and had a post pulled because I suggested that someone was a troll. Now this is a very common suggestion and use of a word on the internet and forums and certainly this one, it does not imply that the poster is lying just that he is for whatever reason dragging out a thread usually initiated by him. In response to my rather quick rap on the metaphorical knuckles I contacted the moderators and pointed out that there was another thread and post where someone had called another poster a troll yet no action was taken, their response was a request that I report it which I declined to do suggesting that they do their job. They didn't respond nor did they research the forum ( which they could easily do ) and delete the post.

Last edited:

obmij

Visit site
Whether intentionally or not, the thread does read as hostile to Red Ensign (to me anyway). It is certainly not a positive thread and they are the headline.

There is a narrative which leads to a suggestion that they would be a poor choice as a yacht broker.

The publishing of directors details - although they are in the public domain - doesn't really seem to be proportionate or appropriate. My personal details are on CH. I would be very upset if they were published on a public forum even in the event of a commercial dispute.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Whether intentionally or not, the thread does read as hostile to Red Ensign (to me anyway). It is certainly not a positive thread and they are the headline.

There is a narrative which leads to a suggestion that they would be a poor choice as a yacht broker.

The publishing of directors details - although they are in the public domain - doesn't really seem to be proportionate or appropriate. My personal details are on CH. I would be very upset if they were published on a public forum even in the event of a commercial dispute.
No hostility towards Red Ensign on my part. I wouldn't be a fan of yacht brokers generally because of a couple of bad experiences. On the other hand, I had a very positive experience dealing with a yacht broker earlier this year, and posted a thread on the forum to acknowledge the service I received. If I had a boat to sell in their area would I select Red Ensign? I might have, based on some of the endorsements from forum members on the thread. However, since they've failed to respond to a number of emails from me since 24 August I would have had doubts. Then, having sent a specific enquiry about a particular boat on their website last Monday, and not had a reply, they'd definitely be off my list. I too have a business, and I'd be asking questions if I found out a sales enquiry wasn't at least acknowledged within 24 hours.
Truthfully there was no malice intended in posting the screenshot. It was more a clumsy attempt at being humorous in referring to snail mail since they don't answer emails. I still think differentiating between posting a screenshot and a link to the page is nit picking. It would probably have gone unnoticed were it not for the self declared expert sticking his oar in.

ashtead

Visit site
Just to mention re companies house the reason why many companies apply to use a non resident address is to protect from animal rights activists and such like. I seem to recall Oxford university and any company doing business with the uni moved down this road many years ago to protect vice chancellors etc from unwanted protests.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
They're towels. It's close to the swim platform with the ladder and my wife sits there to drip dry when she gets out of the sea. And before you ask, I'm not that brave.
You have to forgive Saltire he is a Scot and doesn't really know what the sun is or temperatures above 15°C or the need to put something under yourself and not sit on GRP exposed to the 30°C plus temperatures of the Eastern Mediterranean 😁

SaltIre

Visit site
You have to forgive Saltire he is a Scot and doesn't really know what the sun is or temperatures above 15°C or the need to put something under yourself and not sit on GRP exposed to the 30°C plus temperatures of the Eastern Mediterranean 😁
I was referring to what I thought was washing, visible as a reflection in the lowest part of the pic. Irish Rover says it's towels, and I'm in no position to doubt him. ;)