Red Ensign Broker

Supine Being

Visit site
I don't have a problem, as such. I've made zero allegations of illegality or impropriety against Red Ensign. I got an email from them and I was curious where they got my email address. This is the text of the email I sent to them in reply

Hi,
With regard to your email below I would like to learn how you obtained my email address.
Best regards

As far as I can see you're the only person on this thread making unsubstantiated allegations.

I imagine that you probably ticked, or failed to tick, the wrong box on a form that you once filled in. Something along the lines of:
  • Tick here to accept our Terms and Conditions
  • Tick here if you don't want us to not send your details to our 'partners' who will then email you out of the blue
First time on the internet? Got to start somewhere, I suppose.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I imagine that you probably ticked, or failed to tick, the wrong box on a form that you once filled in. Something along the lines of:
  • Tick here to accept our Terms and Conditions
  • Tick here if you don't want us to not send your details to our 'partners' who will then email you out of the blue
First time on the internet? Got to start somewhere, I suppose.
God bless your imagination.
Thanks for reminding me to post an update. Still no reply to either of my emails to Red Ensign. I'm glad it's not my boat they're trying not to sell.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Thanks for reminding me to post an update. Still no reply to either of my emails to Red Ensign. I'm glad it's not my boat they're trying not to sell.
From what little I understand of them they seem to operate more as boat finders for people rather than solely brokers and at the top end come to that.

Supine Being

Visit site

Possibly a little underpowered compared to your own imagination, but on this occasion I'm choosing to stay within the confines of what is likely :ROFLMAO:

Seastoke

Visit site
I received a marketing email today from Red Ensign brokers in Falmouth. I never heard of them before and I've certainly never contacted them. I'm curious how they got my email address. Is it legal in the UK to send unsolicited marketing emails?
I had the same ,I rang and they said sticky fingers on the keyboard.

Irish Rover

Visit site
The boat I enquired about by email on 02 September is still for sale on the Red-Ensign.com website, but still no answer from them. Seems a strange way to run a business :confused:.

Biggles Wader

Visit site
The boat I enquired about by email on 02 September is still for sale on the Red-Ensign.com website, but still no answer from them. Seems a strange way to run a business :confused:.
Maybe they read YBW forums and know that you are just wasting their time. Seems they already know lots more about you so why not?

Irish Rover

Visit site
Maybe they read YBW forums and know that you are just wasting their time. Seems they already know lots more about you so why not?
Makes sense. They've stopped answering all emails on the basis it's the most sure way to be certain they don't accidentally answer my email. Genius.
Hey, Mr red-ensign.com, please answer. You'd never know, we might like each other.