Red Ensign Broker

Irish Rover

Visit site
Part of the deal with Microsoft outlook is that one accepts advertising emails unless one pays Microsoft to prevent it. We already know that Google etc use algorithms to track what internet users are searching for . This lets them select adverts that are more akin to the target audience .It could be that if you are using Outlook etc your email address is automatically in the public domain . It could further be that your viewing history is being tracked
Are you getting a lot of interest from gays & transvestites lately?🤪
I don't know. Are you gay or a transvestite?

Irish Rover

Visit site
While I have no reason to doubt the testimonials from forumites that Red Ensign are a reputable company, I have good reason to doubt their efficiency, or is it their courtesy? I've emailed them twice in the last week to the email address from which I received the email, and again yesterday to the same address, plus another email address I found on their website. I haven't received an acknowledgement or a reply. If I don't get a response by Monday I plan to contact the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Contact them in relation to buying a boat and when they answer…..zap them
I took up your suggestion on Monday and emailed them in relation to a boat on their website - I used a different email address to my normal one. Zilch. No response.
If that's how they deal with enquiries then I'd hate to be depending on them to sell my boat. How do such companies get away with that level of incompetence?

Irish Rover

Visit site
I suppose I could send a snail mail letter to one of the Directors whose addresses are available on the Internet
[Inappropriate content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

lustyd

Visit site
Well that escalated quickly. Just over a week and you’re posting people’s home addresses on a forum.
People do take holidays this time of year and there may be any number of reasons they’ve not replied to your email. Maybe take a breath and have a think about whether you’re being reasonable right now. I’d suggest removing that post too.

Irish Rover

Visit site

Irish Rover

Visit site
Indeed, that site has permission to share their personal details, you do not. I can’t imagine anyone consenting to their personal information being posted in such a way. You can’t complain about privacy while abusing other people’s.
If one of them emails me and asks me to delete my post I will:sneaky:.

ashtead

Visit site
You can of course message one of the directors on Linked in if you are concerned to ask for details of their DPO ,whether for a small broker that has any impact might be debatable but often works with larger corporates

Irish Rover

Visit site
It’s why wise company directors have a centralised address non residential address at companies house to minimise protests from extremist activists.
There's actually no evidence or indication that the addresses on the government site are home addresses. It's just an unsubstantiated assumption by a busy body poster.
I was amazed how fast the "complainant" was able to get FAT to act so late in the evening. His language was also interesting - "I've asked the admin team to do it". Seems to be more than a fair level of familiarity and authority there :unsure:??

lustyd

Visit site
It's just an unsubstantiated assumption by a busy body poster
If you take a step back and have a think for a moment, your entire thread is the same.
I’ve no connection to the admin team whatsoever. Your posting of people’s personal information was wildly inappropriate and they acted accordingly.

I was absolutely with you about your info being used at the start of the thread but then you turned very quickly. That’s on you and instead of thinking through your actions you doubled down so I reported the post. That’s just grown up behaviour, as is waiting a reasonable time for a response to a query. A data officer has a month to respond by the way, that’s part of the law you’re trying to use.

Irish Rover

Visit site
If you take a step back and have a think for a moment, your entire thread is the same.
I’ve no connection to the admin team whatsoever. Your posting of people’s personal information was wildly inappropriate and they acted accordingly.

I was absolutely with you about your info being used at the start of the thread but then you turned very quickly. That’s on you and instead of thinking through your actions you doubled down so I reported the post. That’s just grown up behaviour, as is waiting a reasonable time for a response to a query. A data officer has a month to respond by the way, that’s part of the law you’re trying to use.
Nonsense. I simply posted a screenshot from an open UK government website which is intended to be there to inform the public. It's just nit picking to suggest that posting a screenshot is somehow a breach of privacy when everyone who sees it can just click the link and get all the same information and word. I'd have to question the judgement of someone who describes it as "wildly inappropriate". Running off to the Mods because I wouldn't do what you wanted is as close to "grown up behaviour" as a child in school constantly squealing "teacher, teacher". You obviously have form when you managed to get the attention of the "admin team" [how cosy] so quickly after hours.