Princess 67 Delivery - UK to Spain - Loads of Pics and Videos

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Fantastic, Mike. Many congratulations on what was quite an achievement in the time you took. If ever you plan on visiting Majorca, let us know

Hurricane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
IMG_5438Medium.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you aren't far wrong.
Derek took her out from Cartagena whilst I helped SWMBO on the foredeck - actually I was in training as a foredeck hand!!! The Spanish Navy were manouvering a couple of frigates and Derek was trying to avoid an international crisis!!!

Last edited:

simon

Visit site
Thanks for the report. It took us longer than that to get from Palma to Sant Carles!!! We are over later this week so will be able to see Jenny Wren in the flesh.
Now you have arrived the weather forcast is rain, rain and more rain!

amf

www.crmtechnologies.com
Caption: "Raymarine launches new inflatable autopilot with integrated sideways looking mini-Raydome"

PS. Runs, ducks etc /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Great write up BTW what a fantastic trip!

MedDreamer

Visit site
IMG_5456Medium.jpg

You can tell you are in the Med with those nagging little wavelets that can make the ride suprisingly rough (well in a 34 footer at least, you probably didn't even notice them). Not big but seem to come from random directions and with no regular frequency.

jfm

Visit site
Thnaks Hurric, great post/trip. you hold the forum Blue Riband for that trip, and probably will at least until Magnum does it in 2010 :)

Yeah, i can't work out why those fuel pumps in the med are so slow. It takes 45mns minimum, and I buy around 2400 litres a time so quite a bit less than you. Roadside tanker is much faster but you can't do that in Sant Carles

That voice generator sounded good on the Raymarine. Do you have that .exe file, voicegenerator.exe? It's only 400k but it's a brilliant ascii text to voice converter, sounds just like your raymarine, a bit stephen hawkings, though you can choose other voices (hysterical singing orgasmic woman, for example) Let me know if you want it by email, to incorporate into your diy electronickery!

Was the other P67 the old Magnum? Had all the tight nav gear and tender and stuff

Congrats on the trip and hope you have great cruising in the Med. Drop in when you get eastwards :)

Hurricane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thnaks Hurric, great post/trip. you hold the forum Blue Riband for that trip, and probably will at least until Magnum does it in 2010 :)

[/ QUOTE ]
Well there's a challenge then

[ QUOTE ]
Roadside tanker is much faster but you can't do that in Sant Carles

[/ QUOTE ]
IMG_5474Medium.jpg

This was infact a road tanker fill at Sant Carles but they havent yet got their fuel berth working and the town marina didnt have enough fuel for us. The tanker driver's eyes lit up when I paid him cash so maybe he will do a deal later in the main Sant Carles port.

The voice thingy isnt anything to do with Raymarine - its a little Windows program that I wrote. Takes its input from a NMEA/Serial input to the PC and every 30 minutes "speaks" the time, lon, lat, COG and SOG. There's no special input or setting up necessary - it just talks - djefabs will vouch for that - he had her down as a stowaway to begin with but towards the end he was just doing as she said.
On the last day I changed the voice to a man to cheer him up a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Was the other P67 the old Magnum? Had all the tight nav gear and tender and stuff

[/ QUOTE ]
No - I think she was much younger - probably built this year.
BTW I visited that factory back in July and they were working on P67 no 67 (thats actually slot no 67 - not the hull no) - JennyWren was slot no 57 - thats building P67s at a rate of at least 2 per month. Magnum might be able to comment but I think his boat was hull no 13 - that would make her about slot no 7ish

Last edited:

David of Essex

Visit site
Thanks Hurricane, great to see the photos and the time you have taken to share your experiences with us. Could you give us some info, regarding maintenance that you had to do during your voyage? How many hours can you go before checking oil levels? Any faults on way.

David

jfm

Visit site
Ah, right, sorry! I meant you can't get a tanker onto on your pontoon! They have much faster pumps than the dockside filling stations - hope you found the same. Yep I always pay them cash too. Has lots of advantages :)

Wow, 67 is good going for a boat that size. That boat must be one of Princess's winners. But can you explain the difference between hull# and slot#? How can Magnum's be hull 7 and slot 13? Is it becuase the first 6 weren't available as slots???

benjenbav

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 67 is good going for a boat that size. That boat must be one of Princess's winners. But can you explain the difference between hull# and slot#? How can Magnum's be hull 7 and slot 13? Is it becuase the first 6 weren't available as slots???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Hurricane said Hull 13 and Slot 7. i.e. they are building 2 at a time so slot 7 would be hulls 13 and 14. Hence, if they are up to slot 67, that's a whopping 134 P67's.

Hurricane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm prety sure all boat builders do it - the hull number isnt necessarily the n'th boat of that type that they have built - there's probably a good explanation.

Princess have a sequence number that they refer to internally during the build process only - if we want to order spares etc. we use our hull number of 087 but as I said before she was the 57th one that they built.
I'm prety sure that Sealine do the same thing - not sure about the others.

BTW the P67 seems to be selling well - not many (if any) second hand ones either.

Hurricane

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think Hurricane said Hull 13 and Slot 7. i.e. they are building 2 at a time so slot 7 would be hulls 13 and 14. Hence, if they are up to slot 67, that's a whopping 134 P67's.

[/ QUOTE ]
No - see my reply to jfm

However, they do in fact build 5 at a time - on a JIT production line.
IMG_4159Medium-1.jpg

But each one has its own slot number and hull number - this is ours in build.
IMG_4194Medium.jpg

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
Oh, that's a bit of a surprise. I always thought the hull number was the nth boat they built. It is with Fairline - mine is hull 74 and it's the 74th one they built. At least approximately; hull #75 actually left the factory before hull #74 becuase they build a few together in parallel and #75 was lower spec.

Perhaps at Princess they have build slots that can be used to build a p67 or something else. You had build slot 83 and they used it to build the 57th p67, maybe? I dunno. In fact I'm completely confused :)

Or maybe it's to do with orders placed speccing. Maybe yours is the 83rd order placed for the p67 so it got allocated 83 and specced, but the dealers can shift the build orders around after placing the order, and yours was one where the customer wanted it soon, so they built it sooner hence the 57th to be built. No idea really...

ribasg3

Visit site
God i envy you sooo much!!!!

Hope God will bless me to make such trips as well (well not with my 33ft which will come soon).

I wish you to have the best of time in Spain and wake up every day with that "silly" smile of joy and happiness.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, that's a bit of a surprise. I always thought the hull number was the nth boat they built. It is with Fairline - mine is hull 74 and it's the 74th one they built. At least approximately; hull #75 actually left the factory before hull #74 becuase they build a few together in parallel and #75 was lower spec.

[/ QUOTE ]

to my knowledge it is always like you say JFM,
slots can be also filled for example and can be made for a 3 67s if they are in demand, and one 21m if this has slower selling
I think I made a similar argument about replacing production when I was saying about the sold out status of a yacht
I also am sure that for hull numbers there is a general rule that they have to represent that hull and shape
for example if P21 uses the same hull albeit a bit longer sometimes the same h.no can be used but its not always the case