Princess 43 Build

47GC

Visit site
Traveled to boats.co.uk on Friday to see our new boat. The guys down there are working on getting a few bits done and it gave us a chance to look over the build and for SWMBO to look over the insides to make sure she was happy. We were both surprised to only find a few items that we thought could have been better finished.
1. Plastic see through cover door that goes over the switch at the lower helm. Seems to have been fitted to close to the outer leading edge meaning that when you open it it isn't a smooth opening process.
2. The other was a small mark in the ceiling again at the lower helm.
3. Few very small scrathes on the galley floor.
4. Master cabin roof lining had a dirty looking mark.

Teak decks are dirty but these will all be cleaned properly once delivered to Scotland.

Honestly very good build here, was delighted with the cabinetry work and the heads, where we have some very special 'mini-super yacht' style tiling done. Good work done here by Princess. James & I agreed delivery timescales a a few extras that i forgot about like an invertor etc and everything was just great. Heading back to London and got some very late, but also very cheap hospitality tickets to see Adele (Gota keep her happy).

Here are some photos from the visit and the next ones will be on delivery in two weeks time. Where I'll take the inside shots and on berth pics.

Last edited:

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Great looking boat 47GC, congratulations. One question, in the last picture is there no storage in the void under the aft cleat? Looks an ideal place for a rope locker.

47GC

Visit site
Great looking boat 47GC, congratulations. One question, in the last picture is there no storage in the void under the aft cleat? Looks an ideal place for a rope locker.

That's a good question. I seem to remember when I same the boat at the LIBS in 2015 that it had rope lockers in there. They must have changed that at some point. Anyone on here with a 43 with rope lockers in that location?

Hurricane

Visit site

If it is anything like the P67, there is a massive space under there but not used.
I call it the "cheeks" - the area on the stern quarters - curved on the outside and flat faces on the cockpit side.
On ours, even a fat git like me can stand upright in that equivalent space on ours.
I get to it through an access that we had made in the crews bathroom.
On ours, Princess made an attempt to use that space with a small rope locker in the cockpit but there is still a massive space that could be used for something.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
If it is anything like the P67, there is a massive space under there but not used.
I call it the "cheeks" - the area on the stern quarters - curved on the outside and flat faces on the cockpit side.
On ours, even a fat git like me can stand upright in that equivalent space on ours.
I get to it through an access that we had made in the crews bathroom.
On ours, Princess made an attempt to use that space with a small rope locker in the cockpit but there is still a massive space that could be used for something.

I asked the question because we have a large locker either side in those "cheeks". It's a useful space to store fuel for the tender because they're vented and there are drains in the base, plus various other stuff and of course all of the ropes. Cockpit storage is premium space, so I'm surprised Princess don't create lockers there on all their boats.

crustysailor321

Visit site
I heard the other day how many princess they have sold. The number was impressive from a standing start. Cham in Cala Dor bought an s72 so they are off to a flying start.

An yet Princess was still losing money. Something ain't right with their business model. The 43 is probably the only reason they haven't loss more money than they already have. Its suppose to be one of their best-seller after all.

47GC

Visit site
I asked the question because we have a large locker either side in those "cheeks". It's a useful space to store fuel for the tender because they're vented and there are drains in the base, plus various other stuff and of course all of the ropes. Cockpit storage is premium space, so I'm surprised Princess don't create lockers there on all their boats.
Agreed, think I'll have a look at this when i get on the boat again. That area on the boat would be ideal for ropes.

47GC

Visit site
All scheduled for delivery to Loch Lomond now, load on Tuesday 29th, Arrive Loch Lomond on the 30th, 31st/1st prep, 2nd final handover. Getting close, cant believe how quick those months have passed. We've really missed boating though so I'm itching to get down to Loch Lomond! Keep an eye out for her coming up the M6, M74! If you see her take a picture and feel free to post on here! Free Champagne Cruise for the best picture!

yprocopis

Visit site
Beautiful boat! Classic design that will last forever. I am about to order one. Anyone knows the deadrise forward and aft? How does its seakeeping compare to the Princess 42 which I think was narrower and deeper V? Seatrialled one last week with the Cummins. Pretty rough conditions, Force 5-6 outside Plymouth bay. I think the boat handled it very well. We then achieved top speed of 29.5 knots (in the protected bay). Note that the boat was fully loaded with fuel and water, and also had a generator, Seakeeper 5 (which is 360kg), hydraulic platform, and was full of boxes of brochures.

47GC

Visit site
All,
An update for all. So Sapphire as I will call her now, arrived at Loch Lomond on Wednesday 30th March 2016. Shortly followed by the BCU crew to build her up again. The yard at Cameron House is equipped with a lift so they were subcontracted to lift her off by BCU. I wasn't actually there for the lift but by all counts everything went as planned. During transportation some damage was done to the radar arch and strangely an area under the flybridge aft seating. However I'm a realistic person and expected to be confronted with some kind of damage and I could easily see the BCU guys were as disappointed as me. Thing is, I wasn't that worried as the rest of the boat looked great and I knew that David Barke of BCU was already on the case and had found one of the best gel repair guys around.

So we arrived on the Friday and had a look over the boat, everything was as expected. Nice clean valet inside had been completed, engine room etc. Here are some pics of the finished article.

On berth at Cameron House - Navy Docklines - White Fender Rope come as standard. Not a nice colour combination IMHO. Ordered nice new black docklines and red fenders, covers & ropes that will contrast off the grey hull. I'll post a updated picture later.

Aft Deck - Scatter Cushions by SWIMBO. She's got good taste in men and cushions...

Saloon - Jacarander carpets throughout. This does make a luxury feel about the boat. Table is custom, idea taken from one of the bigger yachts. All done by princess.

Galley - Ended up specifying a dish washer, glad I did. The thing was never off on Saturday. Very quiet as well and does a complete cycle in 38 or so minutes.

Lower Helm

Boys Cabin

Master Cabin

Boys Heads - All tiled which is not standard but I hope you agree that the expense of getting this done makes the boat feel like a much bigger boat.

Main Heads - Same here all tiled etc.

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
Veeery nice. Many congratulations. That must be one of the best 43s they have ever built - certainly the best interior. I love you and your wife's choices on the interior. Don't worry about gelcoat - BCU will always do perfect repairs. I got them to chop up expensive GRP mouldings deliberately, to change the shape, so good are they at hiding any re-work.

As regards...
Table is custom, idea taken from one of the bigger yachts. All done by princess.
57E3CA47-D6DE-4EC1-AC96-6D76EE93A5FD_zps7r4v4tfq.jpg
I love that table design. You can "park" it as in your pic, but when you have extra guests round you use the cushioned box as extra seating and you still have a coffee table. I sketched it for Fairline and they have an outside contractor who can do a sharp curved bend in 32mm plywood, and they have put them in several Sq 78s since. The curved thick wood looks great (no fiddles, MBY would say, but it looks fantastic and that's more important). Here is my near identical one:
c%20st%20florent%202.jpg

The Jacaranda carpet has proved to be really hardwearing and after 3 years and 500 hrs running plus many more stopped, mine is good as new. I think you have exactly same (called Rajasthan "ivory", but it's close to white in fact) and I think you'll be really pleased with it. Definitely worth the investment. I have a roll of spare in storage but am nowhere near thinking of fitting it. FWIW I chose to have the ribs running fore-aft in line with the deck planking but yours looks very good athwartships
cabins%20lobby.jpg

Good luck with your first cruises

Bojangles

Visit site
A stunning boat, congratulations, no doubt you will be having great fun in the months ahead. I love the hull colour, there was a Princess V62 with the same hull colour in Portavadie on Saturday, it really does stand out.